No announcement yet.

Perry Ellis- Decision to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think WSU's AD tries very hard to let the coaches know that they are appreciated here and give them the tools they need to suceed, given the financial constraints under which WSU operates. (What are these constraints? I don't know specifically but they must exist.) This includes not just MBB staff but Chris Lamb & WVB staff and the other coaches & staff. WSU has a great baseball staff, a great T&F staff (+ golf, etc.)

Look at the (relatively) new CC & distance coach; not bad. So far, I don't know of a bad hire since ADES took over. (Of course, MBB, baseball, WVB, T&F would be high level, critical hires. http://www.kansas.com/2011/07/24/194...champions.html I think the goal is to keep the excellent staffs and not have to deal with this problem.)
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
      (What are these constraints? I don't know specifically but they must exist.)
      In no particular order:

Constraint #1 - Money
      Constraint #2 - Conference
      Constraint #3 - Upper tier scheduling
      Constraint #4 - Upper tier recruiting

I am sure there are more, which could be added to this list.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop
        Originally posted by shocksrbest
        Who said anything about being "constanly worried?'' I am simply reiterating what some have stated. It is known that coach wants to be in a league that receives multiple bids--has not been the case in the MVC since he got here!!!

That being the case and with the prospects of his "dream job" in the South coming available, he MAY bolt. I am not "worried" about it but am a little tired of WSU being a spring board to other high-profile positions. I am simply stating that if he can land big recruits here and compete for a National Championship, there will not be the need for him to jump ship--even if his dream job does become available.
        I didn't mean you in particular. Like you said in your first post many anticipate him leaving as soon as his "dream job" becomes available. Has he ever made mention of any other school to make us feel like WSU is not his "dream job"? I'm just tired of hearing from those people that his departure is just around the corner.
        There is a fine line somewhere between being naive and insecure. I may be on the "naive" side of this conversation but I feel there are way too many that are on the insecure side. Again not you in particular, your post just happened to set off my slight rant.
        Fair enough. I hope he stays...he's doing a great job and putting us in a place of national prominence we've not seen in a while--at least since 06'.

Comment

• If anyone is a member of this facebook group, please contact the creator and see if he checked with WSU compliance on whether it is kosher with the NCAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock
            If anyone is a member of this facebook group, please contact the creator and see if he checked with WSU compliance on whether it is kosher with the NCAA.
            I'm pretty sure all admins post on here. So far doesn't look like they are violating anything.

Comment

• it is a violation. look up the john wall recruiting facebook violations

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock
                If anyone is a member of this facebook group, please contact the creator and see if he checked with WSU compliance on whether it is kosher with the NCAA.
                I contacted him, and advised him to change up the wording on the description. I don't think its a violation if Wichita State Fans have a facebook page, supporting Perry Ellis as a local talent.

I think the violation draws the line when there is intent to sway his decision with the facebook page. Such as "This is a group showing that we want Perry to come to WSU."

But then again, where do you draw the line, on a post on this message board, that says "I wish Perry would come here."

Its a pretty ridiculous rule imo.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• As one article said, nobody is going to NCAA jail for it.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by vtshocker
                    it is a violation. look up the john wall recruiting facebook violations
                    Already did, long before you posted that...those pages at issue read, for example: "John Wall PLEASE come to NC STATE!!!!" Those pages were allowed to stay, just had to change the names of them.

This one reads: "Wichita State Faithful for Perry Ellis Fan Club"

This would be the guy to ask:

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Comment

• The fan group's description has been changed.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

• Wichita State in home visit will be Sept. 13th.

Comment

• Kansas State's in home visit has been rescheduled for September 12th.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

• Perry will be teaming up with Shabazz Muhammad and others on Saturday at the Boost Mobile Elite 24 in Venice Beach, California.

In the fast lane

Comment

• The boost mobile elite 24 game airs on ESPNU Saturday at 6pm central time.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

• Backboard has been shattered! Perhaps a late start to the game.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X