Perry Ellis- Decision to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockmonster
    We had one left this year and we just filled it. We have four srs. next year and two verbals. Am I missing another verbal?
    Five seniors: Murry, Kyles, Ragland, Smith, Stutz.

Schollarships filled: VanVleet, Armstead, Baker.

Scholarships available: Ellis + a buddy of his choice.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
      BluegrassHoop is reporting that Perry told them that Duke, Kentucky and KU is his top 3 but he also likes K-State. However he will not cut his list. They say they don't want to put words in his mouth but it sounds like they did.
      Not good news to hear, but also not suprising. I fully expect Ellis to visit all six schools on his list. Also, I'm not sure if Kentucky agrees that Memphis and WSU are actual schools since they don't play in the BcS-Big 6-elite 16 team-super ultimate conference, like his "top 3 + 1."
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan
        Originally posted by shockmonster
        We had one left this year and we just filled it. We have four srs. next year and two verbals. Am I missing another verbal?

You left off Henry U as in incoming frosh with FVV.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown
          Originally posted by wufan
          Originally posted by shockmonster

You left off Henry U as in incoming frosh with FVV.
          Thank you! how could I forget. I guess Perry will just have to be friends with the current Shockers. ;)
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Why do you think that Armstead is getting a scholarship at all. With the latest verbal, we're one above the limit this year counting Armstead. What makes you think he has one next year if not this year?

Comment

Why do you think that Armstead is getting a scholarship at all. With the latest verbal, we're one above the limit this year counting Armstead. What makes you think he has one next year if not this year?
              You might be correct. To me, it would make sense that he would have a scholly since he was on full ship at Oregon, playing significant minutes (starting?), and he was successful. It isn't often that a very good BCS player leaves that school to walk on at a non-BCS school. In fact, I don't know of any players that have done it sans Armstead. I just figured that he wanted to come here and they told him they wouldn't have a ship until the following season.

Any chance he or someone else is now on academic scholarship?
              Livin the dream

Comment

• He obviously was not wanted at Oregon anymore. He left with one season left with few (if any) high Div. 1 takers and ended up with coaches he had connections with (Heier was his jc coach). Additionally, he was recruited hard by Jans and Marshall when he was in jc. Don't know if he has a scolly or not.

Comment

He obviously was not wanted at Oregon anymore. He left with one season left with few (if any) high Div. 1 takers
                  What makes you say that? I understand the conjecture that he wasn't wanted at Oregon, but why? I would hate to lose a 10 point, 3 assist guy right before his senior year, even if he wasn't going to see a lot of action. Did you read somewhere that no one wanted him? Even if he couldn't get the school of his choice, you would have thought that he could go to a D-I school that was going to give him a scholarship.

I may have missed something, but the above quote seems like a whole lot more speculation than "he will be on scholarship next year."
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• I'm still left wondering who's not on athletic scholarship. No way Armstread pays out of pocket non-resident tuition.

Comment

• I think it's him, but it makes no sense to me either.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu
                        I'm still left wondering who's not on athletic scholarship. No way Armstread pays out of pocket non-resident tuition.
                        It would be unwise to discount possibilities out of hand.

As to Armstead leaving Oregon, the story as I understand it is that Altman begged him to stay after he initially wanted to transfer with the coaching change. Although he stayed, his initial suspicions that he wouldn't be happy with the coaching change proved true so he went ahead and decided to transfer.

For all his success, Altman has a history of rubbing some of his players the wrong way (especially by playing favorites with other players), so it is not surprising that someone (especially someone who came to a school to play for a different coach) would be discontent playing for him.
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Who do we know has been offered scholarships and who do we know is not on scholarship? How many scholarships is the team allowed to award and who has them?

Scholarship on the team from last year- SRs: JT, GB, GH, AE. JR: GS, TM, DK, JR, BS. SO: DW, EO FR: JH, TR.

Losses- JT, GB, GH, AE, JH, TR.

Filled by- TC, EE, CH, EW, JW, and now JA. MA?

Next losses- GS, TM, DK, JR, BS.

Filled by- MA, RB, FVV, (empty), HU.

Who am I missing?

EDIT: Who has the grades to walk on and redshirt with an academic scholarship?
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• I don't think that is allowed.

Comment

• So none of the walk ons have any scholarship help? It doesn't have to be a full ride. Just enough to help most of the time.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• I think anyone that has signed a letter of intent has to take an athletic scholarship. A player may join a team without signing a letter of intent by enrolling at the school and being allowed to walk on. They can pay their way however they so choose.
                                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                                X