Garrett Stutz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocker856
    Is this the big man we want?? and is kyles is another we want?? answers please
    yes and yes. there's some answers. hope that clarifies everything for you.

Comment

• I looked on scout and they say stutz is on 6"11 and i read here he is 7"1 is it that scout has not updated it yet or somethin

Comment

• Those southern Methodists seem to think it's all about the babes. :wacko:

But I have to think playing in front of 10000 instead of 2000 in a newly renovated facility closer to home might be a factor.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker856
          I looked on scout and they say stutz is on 6"11 and i read here he is 7"1 is it that scout has not updated it yet or somethin
          It's hard to say when someone is very big and still growing. I would think that his Father/Coach's statement that he is 7-1 is legit, or at least as legit as you can get when you are talking about a 7-footer. Either way he is big enough to be a big center.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Should we get some feedback about his visit to SMU this weekend on Monday or Tuesday.

We really really need another 5 before another guard, such as Kyles. You also have to consider injuries during the season when thinking about position
            depth, or who you could move around.

Comment

• We seem to have plenty of gaurds on the roster for the next couple of years. So a 5 is definitely what we need, and probably another 5 before we get any more guards.

It will be interesting to hear how his visit to SMU went. The SMU football team lost to Tulane 41-34 in OT. Also had a whopping attendance of 14,901 at it. That should have shown him how well their basketball games are attended.

Comment

• You know, when I was younger, not a bunch, but a little, I played indoor soccer a lot, and you could have all the forwards in the world, but if you didn't have a good 'goalie', it just didn't matter. BTW, I split the difference and was a midfielder ... LOL

Seeing how the 5 is our 'last line of defense' or like a goalie, it just seems a much bigger priority to get another 5 before another guard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9
                  You know, when I was younger, not a bunch, but a little, I played indoor soccer a lot, and you could have all the forwards in the world, but if you didn't have a good 'goalie', it just didn't matter. BTW, I split the difference and was a midfielder ... LOL

Seeing how the 5 is our 'last line of defense' or like a goalie, it just seems a much bigger priority to get another 5 before another guard.
                  Especially if you can get a true 5, unlike the ones that we have on our current roster.

Comment

• Do you guys think he might be waiting to see if Orupke gets there?

Comment

• I'm not sure how much, if any, that will effect him. Ehimen would give us exactly one true center. I wouldn't think that would scare away a recruit. But who knows.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• If it does, he isn't going to SMU, who already has two and one of those is also a freshman this year.

Comment

• From what I have read it sounds like he is really holding out hope for Kentucky, so hopefully they get the boys they are already after. I like our chances if Kentucky doesn't offer.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Well, if Garrett is holding out for Kentucky, here are the 'other' big guys he will compete with for playing time:

(07-08 season Kentucky team big men):

Carter, Jared...........7-2/250....JR/1L.....Georgetown, Ky./Scott County
                            Coury, Mark............6-8/230....SO/1L.....West Bloomfield, Mich.
                            Patterson, Patrick.....6-9/219....FR/HS.....Huntington, .Va.
                            Stevenson, Perry......6-9/192....SO/1L....Lafayette, La./Northside
                            Stewart, A.J.............6-8/207....FR/HS.....Jacksonville, Fla.
                            Williams, Morakinyo..6-11/270..FR/HS.....Solihull, England

Comment

• The Topeka Capital-Journal says Stutz has cut his list to 3, Kentucky, SMU, and WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan
                                From what I have read it sounds like he is really holding out hope for Kentucky, so hopefully they get the boys they are already after. I like our chances if Kentucky doesn't offer.
                                Kentucky is waiting on 6'8" SF/PF Chris Singleton to decide between them and FSU. He visited FSU this past weekend. They have one scholly left open.

Comment

Working...
                                X