Garrett Stutz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garrett Stutz

Garrett Stutz has taken an unofficial to WSU. He is currently listed as 6-11 to 7-0 and is still growing. He was playing HS ball at Plaza Heights Christian, Blue Spring, MO. He averaged 25 points and 12 rebounds, hitting 80 percent from the free throw line. He has transfered to North Kansas City High School for his senior year.

Last summer he was 6-7. His late growth spurt and recent skill level improvement has made him a recent hot name. He also taken an unofficial to St. Louis and will also take unofficial visits to Missouri State, Nebraska, Northwester, Kansas State, and Kentucky. Has in-homes scheduled with SMU and Iowa State.

A Scout 3 star, he currently has 11 offers from unnamed schools.

Stay up to date with all the college basketball recruiting news and more at 247Sports.com
    In the fast lane

It has to be frustrating to be a recruiter when someone's short list has six different schools on it. He sounds interesting - a seven footer that shoots 80% from the free throw line is a very rare breed.

Any idea why all of his visits are unofficial?

Comment

I'm assuming the long list of unofficial visits indicates he wants to visit a lot of schools and coaches. Sounds like this kid has a game plan and good head on his shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
        I'm assuming the long list of unofficial visits indicates he wants to visit a lot of schools and coaches. Sounds like this kid has a game plan and good head on his shoulders.
        I understand that he wants to visit a lot of schools, but he could take some official visits without impacting his ability to take as many unofficials as he wants.

Comment

Most the schools listed as recieving them are relatively close so it's not as big a deal to pay your own way. Maybe he waiting to see how things play out and get an idea of what he want. Maybe he's got some schools that are farther away that he's saving officials for. Maybe he'll eventually revisit some schools he's taking un-officials to with official visits. That's not unheard of. But isn't extremely common either.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

ESPN -

say have him at 7 feet tall.

greatest asset is his knowledge of the game. he understands the low post game. sealing, reposting passing out, screening angles...
            can finish with ethier hand around the basket. he looks to block the shot. needs beat defenders down the court. needs to hit the wieght room.
            veni, vidi, vici

Comment

i have a feeling that this kid is gonna be a bust...
              veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Originally posted by notquiteBWing
                Based on....?
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
                  Based on....?
                  gut feeling only.
                  veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Don't worry...he can play but he isn't the big kid we really want.

Comment

Well Doc, are you going to tell us who it is??
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                        Well Doc, are you going to tell us who it is??
                        Surely you know Doc better than that. ;-)
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Yes I do, I'm just the straight man and wants to see what he says.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Although, every time he posts something like that I can't help but get this excited feeling inside. Kind of like waiting for a present as a kid. You don't know what (who) it is but you want to find out quickly. I know when he does stuff like this I start going over lists and reports and if I've heard anything about someone from other sources.........
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Doc is full of ...

Comment

Working...
                              X