X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted bump this up to the front. A current article on Noel Johnson:

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
      According to an old Shocker media guide, 4 year starter Chesse Johnson was 6'5" tall. His point average improved each year here and are listed as follows:---11.2ppg--17.1ppg------19.0ppg----22.2ppg. Now that was progress and Chesse was among the best players in WSU History.
      Yes and it is a shame his jersey is not hanging from the rafters.

I had the privilege and pleasure of watching him up close and personal for 4 years. My floor seats were practically in his lap. He was a great player, great fun to watch and a better person.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
        According to an old Shocker media guide, 4 year starter Chesse Johnson was 6'5" tall. His point average improved each year here and are listed as follows:---11.2ppg--17.1ppg------19.0ppg----22.2ppg. Now that was progress and Chesse was among the best players in WSU History.

I had the privilege and pleasure of watching him up close and personal for 4 years. My floor seats were practically in his lap. He was a great player, great fun to watch and a better person.
        So what better time to retire his jersey and fly the family out here for the ceremony than when we are recruiting his son? Sounds like a plan to me. :good:

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio

Isn't the policy to only retire the jerseys of players that became All-Americans?
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Although Cheese was a great player you dont put them in Hall of Fame to get his son to come to WSU. Warren Armstrong deserves to be at the top of the arena before anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by wushock
              Although Cheese was a great player you dont put them in Hall of Fame to get his son to come to WSU. Warren Armstrong deserves to be at the top of the arena before anyone else.
              I agree with you on both points; however isn't Cheese already in the Hall of Fame? I realize his number isn't retired and hanging in the rafters. In my opinion, it would be extremely "Cheesy" to sway Cheddar by doing so. :D
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I meant his jersey in the rafters. I know he was in Hall of Fame

Comment

Originally posted by wushock
                  Please re-read my post.

I did not say Cheese should be in the HOF, so Cheese Jr. would come to WSU.

I said Cheese should have been in the HOF a long time ago. Long before Jr. ever became a prospect or a twinkle in his Dad's eye.

It is too late to put Cheese in now. After Jr. has selected another university, then Cheese should be put in the HOF. Otherwise, it would look like some tawdry trick to lure Jr. to WSU.

Comment

Cheese is already in the Hall and it happened quite sometime back.

Comment

I hope cheese 2 comes here so that we can get cheesehead hat ala GB Packers and sell Mozzarella Sticks.

Comment

No cheese hats, mozzerla sticks yes. Lets just hop to get this kid any update on him

Comment

North Carolina State is looking at Noel.

Comment

Cheese 2 needs to be here, to realize his destiny as a 2nd generation shocker

Comment

Not only that, he would help establish a pride and tradition here that could continue in the future.

Does X, Antoine, Cliff have sons? .... LOL

Comment

Karon just had a kid, but I think it's a girl

Comment

Working...
                                X