No announcement yet.

2009 RECRUITING SUMMARY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He mentioned something about the journalism department. We know the one at WSU is screwed up so I'm sure that wouldn't help either. But normally I'd say you're right. And some kids prefer to play on a bad team in a "name" conference as opposed to better teams in lesser named conferences.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I wonder if our interest has dropped some in guards since KJ gave us an oral commitment?

We need a dangerous SF that can shoot the 3 well, as well as being able to pull up in the middle and hit the shot.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
        Maybe he chose Nebraska so he could play. That's the only reason anyone would choose Nebraska, right?
        His older sister is currently a student there and on one the sports teams (track maybe?).

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
          Originally posted by rrshock
          Maybe he chose Nebraska so he could play. That's the only reason anyone would choose Nebraska, right?
          His older sister is currently a student there and on one the sports teams (track maybe?).
          He did mention that as a factor as well.

We don't have a lot of SFs specifically on our known radar. We could always get another 6'4" guard and go with a three guard set more. That's why I'm still high on Lane Adams.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Illinois State grabs their 3rd verbal of the week with Terry Johnson from Chicago. See the summary for more details.
            In the fast lane

Comment

It looks like I might have ran out of space on the '09 recruiting summary. On the last edit that took space, information (links section) was lost on the bottom of the summary. I have a pm to Royal for help. Until the situation is resolved, I won't be making anymore edits that take more space.
              In the fast lane

Comment

I'm glad to see ISU taking care of business. In a perfect world they'd finish 2nd every year behind us.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

To solve the space problem Commits to Other Valley Schools has been deleted from this thread and given it's own.

I'll add back in the lost links ASAP.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

According to Scout, WSU had offered Garlon Green, a 6-6 SG/SG who has just committed to TCU. Also offering were Iowa State and UTEP. Green is TexasHoops' 19th ranked player.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

We had some interest in Phillip Roth, a 6-8 power forward from Ricardson, Texas. He recently orally commited to Wagner College in New York. Ranked #95 by Texashoops.

In the fast lane

Comment

Luke Hancock who just committed to George Mason said he was considering WSU and several others including Bradley. He is a 6-5 wing at Hargrave Military Academy.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

Damn that George Mason. They're recruiting quite well.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Steve Rogers committed to Rice and Kenny Boynton to Florida

Comment

We apparently had interest in Dominique Saunders, a 6-3 185 SG out of Central Arizona CC. Saunders shot 56 % from 3pg last year, and averaged almost 20 points and 7 rebounds.

He chose CS-Northridge over interest from Utah State, Boise State, UC-Santa Barbara, UC Riverside, Cal Poly, Wichita State, Kennesaw State, Utah Valley State, Seattle, Texas Pan Am and Louisiana Monroe.

Comment

I've been restricted to only using my Blackberry for the last couple of weeks. Everything is back to normal and I'm starting to catch up the summaries.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X