No announcement yet.

2009 RECRUITING SUMMARY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rumors circulating that former UCONN, and current College of Southern Idaho player Nate Miles (6'7, 170 SF) could end up at a Mid-Major school if legal issues pan out ok. Apparently most BCS schools backing off some and the ability to come in and make an immediate impact and show he has righted the ship.

He scored 24 off the bench in his first game back, then scored 25 pts, 8 reb, 4 assists, and 5 steals against #15 Eastern Utah.

Miles was expelled from UCONN after being arrested for a restraining order violation in September. The complaint has been dismissed.

No schools currently listed for Miles, although he still wants to return to UCONN. Word from Storrs is that he would not be welcomed back.

An older story defining background.

Comment

One has to think that at this point, the major 09 recruiting is done and over with. I know that there is always a chance someone will leave, but this current team (minus one iffy player) will probably all be back next year. I can only see HCGM recruiting PGs or Centers at this point. Nothing else.

Comment

I have seen a couple of gaurds listed as recruits still for this year. Does that mean the coaching staff is anticipating a guard leaving?

Comment

It just means they'er covering themselves in the unlikely event something happens.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Tropical, I swear I do not know how you are able to provide such quality reporting on Shocker recruits. I admire your work and effort muy mucho.

This next question is an honest one and I am not trying to start a food fight.

Does anyone know, if Coach Turgeon's staff worked as extensively in recruiting as Coach Marshall's staff?

I am astonished by the number of contacts made by the current staff. Surely, the interest in potential recruits drives a great deal of travel. Based upon the length and breadth of Trop's listing, the coaches must be in the air all the time. Does anyone know the percentage of time that coaches spend on travel for recruiting trips?
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

2 little notes - It is Bryce Mayes in lieu of Bruce (just a key error, I think)
              and under commitments, we now have 2 open schollies in lieu of none.

I hope we start hearing about current and more prospects after the active period kicks in later this week.

Comment

Downtown Shocker Brown said we'd hear 'the news' on the 9th. :innocent:
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

when is National signing day? I thought it was today.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockfan8
                    when is National signing day? I thought it was today.
                    It started roughly a week and a half a go and goes into mid-May.

Comment

Thanks Royal,

Comment

Last weekend I updated the commitments of several 2009 recruits. I didn't put the info in their threads to not flood the first page of the recruiting board with old names. Take a look at the last 14 or so names in the Commits to Other Schools section if you are interested.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                        X