Darian Thibodeaux to Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darian Thibodeaux to Houston

Darian is a 6-3 SG from Kimball Hi in Dallas, Texas. Class of '08. Offer from North Texas State and interest from Wichita State, Texas A&M, Oral Roberts, and USC. Summer team is DFW Showtyme Elite. Texas RoundBall lists him as #49.

He impressed during elite camps at Baylor, Texas and Texas A&M. Team camps and elite camps are a great way to get recruits onto the campus during June. Any insiders know if WSU is considering these in the future?

In the fast lane

I believe WSU had thier mens team camp about 3 weeks ago.

I know the women had thiers last weekend.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Anybody know what teams were there?
      In the fast lane

Comment

Kyles' teammate is being reported as the key guard target for North Texas.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Who's coaching at UNT? I think they may be on to something as a program. Thibodeaux should be a good player for them.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Johnny Jones has been their coach for a few years. His alma mater is LSU and was on the final four team (that beat WSU to get there) in 1981. In researching what's up with Thibodeaux, one writer thinks Jones has a shot at the LSU job.
            In the fast lane

Comment

I thought Jones would've been a good plan B option for WSU if Marshall didn't work out. He got North Texas to the NCAA tournament last year and has done an amazing job recruiting at the lower level D-1 school.

Comment

To Navarro JC.
                In the fast lane

Comment

Thibodeaux, playing for Navarro JC, has interest from Texas A&M, USC, Wichita State, Oral Roberts and North Texas.

Made 25 3 pointers in the 4 games he played in Hutch, including 8 in a 30 point game against E. Mississippi.

Comment

In addition to Thibodeaux, three other players at the NJCAA getting looks from the SHOX according to Hoopmasters.com.

Josh Watkins, SO, 6-1 combo guard, Howard CC...tourny MVP, scoring 26 pts, 7 asst in championship game.

Norvell Arnold, SO, 6-5, 3-guard, Southeastern Iowa CC.

Mamadou Seck, 6-7, 3/4, Southeastern Illinois CC...averaged 11 pt./7.5 rebounds in Hutch...from Dakar, Senegal.

Comment

Let's just say we have room to sign 2 players. Of all of the recruits that might sign and saunter into the Chuck, who would you chose, and why. Discuss.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Carter and Rogers. I trust my own eyes on Carter and I trust Graham Hatch on Rogers.
                        Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Originally posted by wsu789
                          Carter and Rogers. I trust my own eyes on Carter and I trust Graham Hatch on Rogers.
                          You beat me to it. Eventhough I have a problem with Rogers high TOs, everything else looks really good...and I too would trust Hatch's opinion. He'd also be a 3 year player for us as well. Thibodeaux just didn't have very good stats. 10 ppg, 37% FG, 31% 3pt, 65% FT. At one time I was pretty strong on J. Simmons, but he seemed to fall off this year. Clyburn might be a distant 2nd for me, but not overly impressed there either.

As far as PGs, Carter is my man. He's a leader, he penetrates, he scores, he draws fouls, gets to the line, and has good size. Cousin, I believe, would be a back up to DWill, but we would have him for 3 years. If I was sure DWill could handle it, I might prefer L. Cooper. I would think we'd have less a chance to get Watkins than Carter.

Comment

No "eye test" to report here, however if Josh Watkins is truly in the running, I like a guy that produces on the biggest stage. Scoring 27 points, while dishing out 7 assists in the national championship game, while earning MVP honors, tells me he has what it takes to lead a team. Like Clev, Watkins can score & dish. What I don't know about him is how quick is he on the dribble & defense. We need a quicker version of #3.

Reading about Rogers indicates he can play a 3/4 combination. This coaching staff will not accept TO's. If Rogers is half coachable, he will submiss to the edcucation he will receive on valuing the basketball on every possession.

Comment

We just never know what Coach Marshall has up his sleeve. After all, he flicks his wrist on his watch hand 'too often to count' during hairy games. However, with the limited cards I have in this area of high stakes recruiting, I like Carter and Clyburn. Both would make the cut in our player rotation and give us some needed scoring and quality depth galore. It has always been my belief that, in a sense, games are won or lost on recruiting day.

Reply # 14
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                              X