Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jaime Echenique 6'11 C 2018 JUCO a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jamie will make a great addition in the post.
    Livin the dream

Comment

8 points and 6 rebounds for Jaime in a 84-79 win over Weatherford on Tuesday. They have a freshman starting over Jaime at the center position, which is interesting given his coaches comments about Jaime's game.

Comment

The freshman, Robinson Idehen, is a highly touted Spaniard who initially enrolled at WKU last year (never eligible) before ending up at TVCC. Per the article below, Idehen chose Western Kentucky over Wichita State, Memphis and TCU. He's undoubtedly more polished on the offensive end than Jaime, who is described as "a developing big man with high upside." At the juco level, scoring tends to trump defense and rebounding
        ————————————————

http://www.modbee.com/sports/high-sc...e85623317.html
        Last edited by Wuzee; November 10, 2017, 10:32 AM.
        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Jaime had 19 points and 7 rebounds in a 105-95 win over Cy Fair Prep yesterday.

Comment

Jaime had 13 points, 11 rebounds and 2 blocks in a 86-66 win over Fort Hood yesterday. Certainly seems like he's outplayed Robinson Idehen the last two games.

Comment

• im4wsu
              im4wsu commented
              Editing a comment
              Are the Robinson Idehen(s) #24 and #11 supposed to be added together?

• 1979Shocker
              1979Shocker commented
              Editing a comment
              I think #11 should have been Adham Eleeda.

14 points, 3 rebounds, and 1 block for Jaime last night in a 108-75 win. 4-7 from the field and 6-6 from the stripe.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
              14 points, 3 rebounds, and 1 block for Jaime last night in a 108-75 win. 4-7 from the field and 6-6 from the stripe.

http://njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2017-18...?view=boxscore
              If he misses a FT here, 3G will get an earful!
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I still don't have a feel on this guy. Seems to have a decent amount of potential, but needs quite a bit of work. With him only having 2 years of availability to play here I'm not sure how much of an impact this guy will have. I see him going down a Bush W. type of path.

Comment

He looks to have way more potential than Bam to me.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    He looks to have way more potential than Bam to me.
                    I would agree with that. I was more thinking out loud if he would be able to reach that potential here. IMO he doesn't seem to be as ready to come in and contribute as other JC bigs (Carter, Willis, or Hall). 3G loves his tough physical bigs and I would say that Poor Bear and Morris will come in next year ahead of Jaime in those departments. I also have a feeling McDuffie will be back next year, so there may not be as many minutes down low as once thought. So I agree that Jaime's ceiling seems to be much higher than Bush W, I could still seem them having a similar career. You never know till they get here though!

Comment

He still has a RShirt available to him if necessary and helpful.

Comment

Also, he will be a big body for the young guys to bang against in practice. I can't get a very good feel for him either, so I'm just spitballing.
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

This guy can move, can jump, can block a shot. I don't see any comp to Bam.

Comment

I'm sorry, what? Have you guys seen Bam in person, or frankly, in the NBA? If James is half the player of Bam, he's a freaking home run.

Maybe my meter needs adjusted.

Bam also just turned TWENTY 4 months ago.

Comment

Maybe I'm not paying attention.....we are talking about Bam Adebayo and not Betty and Barney Rubble's son, Bam Bam, and not Bam Brown from Alaskan Bush people, correct?

Because he is bigger and stronger than Bam Bam Rubble, and he's got better hops than Bam Brown.

Comment

Working...
                              X