Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jaime Echenique 6'11 C 2018 JUCO a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good get!
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Welcome Jaime! Best decision you have ever made!!

Comment

Good story from KAKE on Jaime: http://www.kake.com/story/36530632/t...-wichita-state

I did find where it was reported that he had offers from Cincinnati, Western Kentucky, New Mexico, New Mexico St and UTEP. Who knows what other offers and interest he had.

Comment

No easy opportunities to pair TVCC games with Shocker games.

If you're planning on doing the Houston game at 11 a.m. on Jan. 20, you could potentially make the second half of Jaime's 4 p.m. game in Athens, TX, on the way home (if you busted ass outta there).

More doable, but a bit more out of the way, is the 1 p.m. Feb. 24 SMU game. Jaime plays at 7 p.m. that night at Panola, which is in East Texas.

Happily, it looks like TVCC streams and archives some of their games, so that may be the best option (including watching his freshman campaign)

Blinn College vs Trinity Valley Community College@ Athens, TX01.11.17 at 7:00pmBlinn 70 - TVCC 82

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
            No easy opportunities to pair TVCC games with Shocker games.
            Any games near San Antonio in late March/early April? :yahoo:
            78-65

Comment

2016-17 stats (the minutes played have to be incorrect, some games probably don't record that stat)

Per game Totals
              Games 31 31
              Starts 26 26
              Min 2.7 84
              FGM 3.58 111
              FGA 5.84 181
              FG% 0.613 0.613
              3PM 0 0
              3PA 0 0
              3P% 0 0
              FTM 2.03 63
              FTA 2.71 84
              FT% 0.75 0.75
              OFF 2.16 67
              DEF 3.23 100
              TRB 5.39 167
              AST 0.23 7
              STL 0.35 11
              BLK 1.19 37
              PF 0.65 20
              TOV 0.77 24
              PTS 9.19 285
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Sounds like our kind of guy:

"A lot of upside, tremendous talent as far as soft hands, good touch around the court, around the basket. Like I said he's an outstanding player but he's probably a better person," Furr (his head coach at TVCC) said.

Comment

Street and Smith's Magazine had Jamie on their 3rd Team Juco Pre-season AA Team. He does appear to be a looming Big Man Star who has drawn interest from other Major basketball programs.

Comment

Welcome!

This very important, and very large class is coming along nicely!

Comment

Awesome! And just like that, we have plenty of bodies in the frontcourt for the future. I love it! Now to grab a point guard and wing.

2018 class so far:

SG Erik Stevenson
                      PF/C Isaiah Poor Bear Chandler
                      PF/C Morris Udeze
                      C Jaime Echenique

Very happy we got a JUCO now to help split up the class like others have said.

Comment

I think this may make Udeze a pure 4 man

Comment

Congrats Jamie! Nice signing!
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            I think this may make Udeze a pure 4 man
                            I have no issues with this three headed monster next year:

6-11, 220 lb Jr - Jamie E
                            7-0, 270 lb so - God Bear
                            6-9, 250 lb fr - Poor Bear

Morris U, at 6-8, 240 lbs, will be a nice inside PF next year; probably backing up ThatMcDuffKid
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                              I have no issues with this three headed monster next year:

6-11, 220 lb Jr - Jamie E
                              7-0, 270 lb so - God Bear
                              6-9, 250 lb fr - Poor Bear

Morris U, at 6-8, 240 lbs, will be a nice inside PF next year; probably backing up ThatMcDuffKid
                              First and foremost, WE'RE always the bullies, but it helps to have size for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                                Good story from KAKE on Jaime: http://www.kake.com/story/36530632/t...-wichita-state

I did find where it was reported that he had offers from Cincinnati, Western Kentucky, New Mexico, New Mexico St and UTEP. Who knows what other offers and interest he had.
                                "When Jaime came over from Colombia, all they kept hearing about was Wichita State, Wichita," Furr said. "Jaime coming from Colombia doesn't know the difference between Wichita, Kan. and New York City, but all he was hearing was how great Wichita was."
                                TVCC had more than 60 Division I schools visit them this offseason, several with interest in Enchenique.

"With his size and his touch and the fact that he's such a good kid it would've honestly, if he would've waited longer it would've been easier to list the schools he couldn't play at," Furr continued. "This was a big announcement because we go to this jamboree in Dallas this weekend and there's usually 250 Division I schools and Jaime came in my office this morning and said, 'Coach, I've been thinking about it. We've got schools calling me all the time but I want to be a Shocker at Wichita State.'"

I love this kid already!!

Comment

Working...
                                X