Sunrise Academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

If you follow the along with the thread, it's that we aren't even showing up on any of the 22 or 23 kids lists which means there has been either no, or minimal effort into them.

And we did luck out that Pitino got fired in order to get Kenny. And then we're going to run him off by playing vastly inferior players in front of him. That's definitely not going to attract any future SCA kids.
    The last player we had from Sunrise, Grant Sherfield, was ran off because he was promised more playing time than he was given.

Before that, we got Chance Moore, who transferred at semester. Nurger and Zach Brown before that, who weren't at the top of the class for Sunrise.

We've never recruited, or been close to recruiting, their best players. When we did get one of their best (Sherfield) he was ran off the team. I get that you have a narrative you want to stick to, but at least try to be honest.

Comment

we also lucked into Sherfield and Rauno. I beleive Zach Brown committed before he went to Sunrise, so we never really had a Sunrise pipeline.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        we also lucked into Sherfield and Rauno. I beleive Zach Brown committed before he went to Sunrise, so we never really had a Sunrise pipeline.
        Sherfield signed with Alford at UCLA.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Sherfield signed with Alford at UCLA.
          You don’t say? I was under the impression Alford was fired and then he signed with Marshall, thus the comment “we lucked into him”, but I may have dreamt that part. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

You don’t say? I was under the impression Alford was fired and then he signed with Marshall, thus the comment “we lucked into him”, but I may have dreamt that part. My bad.
            Splitting hairs here? Sherfield committed/signed or whatever to Alford. Alford lost his job. WSU signed Sherfield. The point of this exercise is to see how many (top or not) Sunrise guys signed/committed here first.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Splitting hairs here? Sherfield committed/signed or whatever to Alford. Alford lost his job. WSU signed Sherfield. The point of this exercise is to see how many (top or not) Sunrise guys signed/committed here first.
              Sorry, I though that the question was about guys that we signed. I thought it still counted as a signing if they signed here first second or last. Did not mean to split hairs.

Comment

Are either of the Heights underclassmen considered to be D-1 kids?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  Are either of the Heights underclassmen considered to be D-1 kids?
                  The sophomore for sure. I think Ziegler is too but he might have to prep for a year. Both are very well coached.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

The sophomore for sure. I think Ziegler is too but he might have to prep for a year. Both are very well coached.
                    Yep. TJ Williams (Sophomore) is considered a D-1 recruit. Has a couple of years to see where the ceiling will be but definitely in the mix. Already 6'4" with potential.

Comment

Sunrise gets a good one from the Class of 2024.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/colu...20NBA%20player.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                        Sunrise gets a good one from the Class of 2024.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/colu...20NBA%20player.
                        Sounds like we need Marcus Wilson on the staff STAT!
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Just got a commitment from a 6’10” gaurd as well

Comment

Won’t help us. Who cares? I’m not a SCA supporter.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                              Won’t help us. Who cares? I’m not a SCA supporter.
                              You took the time to read and post. Maybe you care?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

You took the time to read and post. Maybe you care?
                                I wasted as many seconds (maybe 25) as you did. Admitting so, doesn’t cancel my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X