Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunrise Academy

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sunrise Academy

    With all these WSU recruits heading to Sunrise, perhaps we can have a separate thread for the Sunrise roster, tracking their offers? Any of you recruiting gurus interested in putting this together?

  • #2
    Some Chandler and Moore highlights.

    http://www.kake.com/clip/14044468/su...eats-okc-storm

    Comment


    • #3
      Speaking of Sunrise. Has anybody been out to see the Elite team lately? Not the prep team with Chance and Poor Bear. But the regular high school elite? Wow! Nfaly Dante? Holy Cow! Forget about it. This dude will be the number one player in his class. 7 ft sophomore that can’t be stopped. Think Olajuwon. Seriously. I was blown away last night. Just wow!

      Comment


      • Bluzrover
        Bluzrover commented
        Editing a comment
        We’re going to need someone to replace AM, I’d be beyond happy with this young man!

    • #4
      Sorry. Just saw the thread at the bottom. I’m dumb.

      Comment


      • #5
        Elite Team:
        Khaleem Bennett - 6'4 2018 - we recruited, ended up committing to Central Arkansas.
        Isaiah Bujdoso - 6'1 2018 - we recruited, ended up committing to Loyola-Chicago.
        Noel Coleman - 6'1 2019 - we have shown interest. just came over from Belgium this year.
        Austin Crowley - 6'5 2019 - we are showing interest. ranked #124 in his class.
        N'Faly Dante - 7'0 2020 - we are showing interest. ranked #10 in his class.
        Ousmane Gueye - 6'7 2019 - don't know anything about this young man.
        Malik Hall - 6'7 2019 - 4-star recruit, for whatever reason there has never been mutual interest.
        Blake Hinson - 6'7 2019 - 4-star recruit, we we're showing heavy interest. may now be a 2018 reclass and it seems as if interest has waned.
        Davonte Jennings 6'0 2020 - don't know anything about this young man.
        Blasé Keita - 6'11 2019 - ranked #138 in his class. not sure if we've shown interest at all.
        Carlos Paez - 5'10 2018 - don't know anything about this young man.
        Jaylyn Turner - 6'7 2019 - don't know anything about this young man.
        Jordan Turner -6'4 2019 - don't know anything about this young man.

        Prep Team:
        Cam Cranston - 6'6 2018 - believe this is the only guy we've shown interest in not named CM or IPBC.

        Comment


        • #6
          Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
          Elite Team:
          Khaleem Bennett - 6'4 2018 - we recruited, ended up committing to Central Arkansas.
          Isaiah Bujdoso - 6'1 2018 - we recruited, ended up committing to Loyola-Chicago.
          Noel Coleman - 6'1 2019 - we have shown interest. just came over from Belgium this year.
          Austin Crowley - 6'5 2019 - we are showing interest. ranked #124 in his class.
          N'Faly Dante - 7'0 2020 - we are showing interest. ranked #10 in his class.
          Ousmane Gueye - 6'7 2019 - don't know anything about this young man.
          Malik Hall - 6'7 2019 - 4-star recruit, for whatever reason there has never been mutual interest.
          Blake Hinson - 6'7 2019 - 4-star recruit, we we're showing heavy interest. may now be a 2018 reclass and it seems as if interest has waned.
          Davonte Jennings 6'0 2020 - don't know anything about this young man.
          Blasé Keita - 6'11 2019 - ranked #138 in his class. not sure if we've shown interest at all.
          Carlos Paez - 5'10 2018 - don't know anything about this young man.
          Jaylyn Turner - 6'7 2019 - don't know anything about this young man.
          Jordan Turner -6'4 2019 - don't know anything about this young man.

          Prep Team:
          Cam Cranston - 6'6 2018 - believe this is the only guy we've shown interest in not named CM or IPBC.
          I dunno how you do it, but thanks

          Comment


          • Bluzrover
            Bluzrover commented
            Editing a comment
            ^ This!

        • #7
          The Sunrise Christian Academy Varsity Elite team beat Oak Hill Academy tonight 76-65 in the Heartland Hoops Classic. Oak Hill was undefeated and ranked #2, while Sunrise Christian was ranked #5.

          Here was a preview of the two teams.

          http://www.theindependent.com/sports...4a19e83e2.html

          The following link has a story on the game. Scroll about 3/4 of the way down the page.

          http://journalstar.com/sports/high-s...f41592c44.html
          Last edited by 1979Shocker; February 11, 2018, 12:15 AM.

          Comment


          • Shockersarelife
            Shockersarelife commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats to them hopefully that win gets them an invite to the "National championship tournament "

        • #8
          I guess Sunrise is officially an elite BB school. There is an article on ESPN about a new league forming called National Interscholastic Basketball Conference of which Sunrise is one of eight participants. Others include Oak Hill, Monteverdi, IMG, LaLuminere and Wasatch with two others yet to be named.

          Comment


          • #9
            Originally posted by shocktown View Post
            I guess Sunrise is officially an elite BB school. There is an article on ESPN about a new league forming called National Interscholastic Basketball Conference of which Sunrise is one of eight participants. Others include Oak Hill, Monteverdi, IMG, LaLuminere and Wasatch with two others yet to be named.
            I saw that as well. This is great news, especially if HCIB has a good rapport with the staff and, from the comments made after Kenny Pohto committed, it would appear he does. That’s a nice pipeline to tap into.

            Comment


            • #10
              Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

              I saw that as well. This is great news, especially if HCIB has a good rapport with the staff and, from the comments made after Kenny Pohto committed, it would appear he does. That’s a nice pipeline to tap into.
              Oh yeah.

              WSU just signed a pretty good Big out of there.

              Comment


              • #11
                I'm assuming that means you will also have those other high level teams visiting Wichita more often. Lots of free Recruiting opportunities there

                Comment


                • #12
                  Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  I'm assuming that means you will also have those other high level teams visiting Wichita more often. Lots of free Recruiting opportunities there
                  Yeah! Have pick up games out at the Round House, after they've been invited to Summer camp!

                  Comment


                  • #13
                    Get Oak Hill and Hargrave in there and that makes every game must see basketball. I still get grumpy every time I hear about LaLumiere. What a waste!!!

                    Comment


                    • #14
                      Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
                      Get Oak Hill and Hargrave in there and that makes every game must see basketball. I still get grumpy every time I hear about LaLumiere. What a waste!!!
                      This was about Isaac Humphries.... but I know the real ones already knew.

                      Comment


                      • #15
                        Just saw that Sunrise is now the #1 ranked team in the nation. They're in our backyard. Does anyone know if we're in on any of them?

                        Regardless of where they rank in any given year, I'd think we'd be recruiting at least one, if not many more, of these players on for any given class. No guarantees obviously, but with a resource so close, we have to have connections and a good relationship. I can't recall seeing any SCA players pop up recently, but I may have missed something.

                        I do know they're going to have a roster full of top 150-200 types every year. This years roster has a handful of 4* guys. Just doing a quick search of the current roster I didn't see any mention of us on any of them, though some of the foreign kids don't seem to have a lot of American data on them and I didn't look into the FIBA articles and whatnot. They're at SCA soI'm guessing the kids can play. It's just a real shame that there seems to be no sign of us in on any of them. I know most aren't KS kids or grow up here locally, but you'd still think there would be a relationship that could still open a few doors. I did see where they have a big kid that decommitted from Maryland a couple of weeks ago.

                        Again, I know there are no guarantees, but it looks bleak when we don't even show up on their pages when it comes to recruiting. But they're generally going to have some good/solid big options and I bet a number of those kids can outshoot anyone we're running out on the court currently. Probably have a couple of pretty good ballhandlers as well.

                        I know we've missed out on a number in the past, but we were also finalists for a few of their best players as well. I'd just like to see us have a more visible and active effort recruiting one of the best prep programs in the country that just happens to be a handful of miles from campus.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Downsizing Government - Part of the Cato Institute
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        Cato Institute - A libertarian take on the issues
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        MVCFans Alternative, Where ALL Voices Can Be Heard - Come join the party

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X