No announcement yet.

Alex Lomax 5'11 4* PG 2018 to Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex is a Shocker now and will be for the rest of his life. Book it.
    Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

This is common sense and how things are done.

I doubt this has been communicated. Why be negative? However, I would be surprised if our coaches have not been in contact Lomax the whole way. It has always sounded like Marshall and the coaching staff has had a great relationship with him the whole way.

For those who describe Penny as a father for Alo. I thought that Alex had a father who was active and involved with his life. I'm sure that Penny is close to Alex as are many coaches with players but to describe it as a father may be a little much. Just a thought.
      ALo lived with Penny for a significant amount of time, I believe longer than he ever lived with his dad. ALo’s dad is involved in his basketball life, but I think he was in and out of prison for much of Alex’s youth. There are numerous stories on this like this one:

Livin the dream

Comment

• Dan
        Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        Great, that just means it’s time to fly the coop

• Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
      My gut feeling, based on nothing, is that Penny will eventually be in trouble for recruiting violations.
      So your saying Cleveland State better watch out then?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

So your saying Cleveland State better watch out then?
        Memphis isn't high enough in the pecking order to rate a whipping boy.
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• A new topic about Alo. Now the discussion over there is he will ask to be released from his NLI and go the prep route. Is anyone well versed on AAC policies on intra-conference transfer rules? If Alo never actually enrolls, is he free to go to a AAC member program or not? Is there even an intra-conference transfer rule within the AAC?

MemphisTigers.org: The #1 Board for Memphis Tigers sports on the internet.

Comment

• WheatShock
            WheatShock commented
            Editing a comment
            McMurray transferred from USF to SMU so it al least appears that there wasn't a rule against it.

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
          A new topic about Alo. Now the discussion over there is he will ask to be released from his NLI and go the prep route. Is anyone well versed on AAC policies on intra-conference transfer rules? If Alo never actually enrolls, is he free to go to a AAC member program or not? Is there even an intra-conference transfer rule within the AAC?

http://csnbbs.com/thread-845703.html
          1*J77I0ONm5csEVkeSmkCISw.jpg
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• We could start a James Wiseman to WSU thred too. Doesn’t mean much at this current moment.
            The Assman

Comment

A new topic about Alo. Now the discussion over there is he will ask to be released from his NLI and go the prep route. Is anyone well versed on AAC policies on intra-conference transfer rules? If Alo never actually enrolls, is he free to go to a AAC member program or not? Is there even an intra-conference transfer rule within the AAC?

http://csnbbs.com/thread-845703.html
              LOL, they have declared that HCGM "must" release Lomax from his NLI. They don't know HCGM. I looked over the AAC transfer rules. If a recruit has signed a NLI, he can transfer to another AAC school, but will have to sit out a year unless he gets a full release.

Comment

• Hardaway better be mighty careful with this situation. He's obviously a Memphis booster. If a booster speaks to a player who's signed an NLI with another school and even mentions anything about that player's college destination "options", there's a possible NCAA infraction. A tampering violation could mean the NCAA would not allow Lomax to play at Memphis. That might happen AFTER he had sat out a year.

Memphis isn't Kentucky, although you will never convince some of their fans of that fact. Memphis can't break rules with a wink and a nod. Louisville can't even do that, and they're a lot closer to that status than Memphis.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• The thing I like about Lomax is that if Landry stays here, I can see possible significant minutes for him at the 2 guard with Lomax at the point. Lomax, if ready, could even start with Landry moving to the 2 or 3 on occasion. Against more physical teams (physical guards), we may be a little more able to match their physicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                    The thing I like about Lomax is that if Landry stays here, I can see possible significant minutes for him at the 2 guard with Lomax at the point. Lomax, if ready, could even start with Landry moving to the 2 or 3 on occasion. Against more physical teams (physical guards), we may be a little more able to match their physicality.
                    That's the ideal scenario.

Comment

• Alex Lomax led his team to another state title.

Semifinals

Finals

Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Oh geez, Lil Penny now?

Comment

• 1979Shocker
                          1979Shocker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          They just joined twitter this month.

Just another dumbass UK light fan that's probably about to get sued for copyright infringement.

Comment

• I just don't have a good feeling about this whole situation.....

Comment

Working...
                          X