• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• im4wsu
      im4wsu commented
      Editing a comment
      Like Lomax Tweeted Friday after the game, he's not a scorer you guys. He's a basketball player.

• Rivals released new Point Guard rankings today for Class of 2018. They have Lomax sitting at #26. This will be interesting to revisit in a couple of years.

Comment

• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      Saw on that list that UNI got a local kid, AJ Green, that is ranked #19. Hopefully he'll have someone worth passing to.

• Stickboy46
      Stickboy46 commented
      Editing a comment
      UNI got that kid because ... His dad is an assistant coach ...

• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess his dad has some job security for awhile as long as Jacobson is around.

• Anyone know what Freds ranking was as a PG

Comment

• 3 Star according to this site.

Go Shocks!

Comment

• Super excited to have Alex. Having a true point guard is great. No offense to anyone on the current roster, but being a point guard is what Alex has practiced most of his basketball life.
        Go Shocks!

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
          ShockingButTrue commented
          Editing a comment
          The absence of an on the court marshal has been glaring since FVV departed.

That's not a knock on anyone whatsoever, but this kid could be the answer at the point.

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
        Anyone know what Freds ranking was as a PG
        3 Star on most sites. 4 star on ESPN
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Is it crazy to think that even if Landry is back next season, Lomax could take the starting PG role as a true freshman?
          The Assman

Comment

• AndShock
            AndShock commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            No, at least by mid season.

• Hope he isn’t reading this board. I wouldn’t want to be within 1000 miles of the program and coach you’ve all described.

Comment

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            Not trying to be cute, but with the pre-season build-up this team and certain players had, is the fan reaction any real surprise. This is still a very good team, that still can do very good things. Sometimes there needs to be a step back before there can be a step forward. The team, coaches, and fans are at that point. Don't panic, take a deep breath, and come out battling.

• ShoxFan7
            ShoxFan7 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same could said about 99.9% of all team forums. If kids are making any decisions based a “fan”atics state of mind during the ups & down of season then colleges would shutdown every site like Shockernet because no kid would ever sign anywhere!

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          Hope he isn’t reading this board. I wouldn’t want to be within 1000 miles of the program and coach you’ve all described.
          His final 6 was:
          Florida (15-7)
          Memphis (14-8)
          Missouri (14-8)
          Ole Miss (11-11)
          Vanderbilt (8-14)
          Wichita State (17-5)

It's not like he turned down teams that are tearing it up this year for us. We are still the best team on his list .... even with it being a down year for us.

Comment

• We are not the only team struggling this year relative to expectations. We have gone through this kind
            of thing before and rebounded. Would rather have a down turn now rather than in March. I already
            cannot wait for our next game. I am confident CF and LS will warm up and soon. MM has to improve,
            as well. I think LS returns next season and will play both PG and SG. There is going to be a lot of
            competition for three guard spots. LS, AR, AL, Moore, ES.......ALL good players

Comment

• moshock
              moshock commented
              Editing a comment
              SJH ?

• Aargh
              Aargh commented
              Editing a comment
              SJH ? WSU isn't the only college in his home town.

• Comment

• pinstripers
              pinstripers commented
              Editing a comment
              That's a hell of a line

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            Is it crazy to think that even if Landry is back next season, Lomax could take the starting PG role as a true freshman?
            At least one freshman will start. He is the most likely and the most ready.

Comment

• Day 1? Not sure about that. I’d put my money on Udeze.

Comment

• pinstripers
                pinstripers commented
                Editing a comment
                yeah, at this point with the roster, they both do

• We are still wondering what LS and MM will do. Even so, Udeze and ALo will play plenty of minutes IMO and I'm not convinced we won't recruit even 1 more player for next Season even if they stay. R. Brown will get his minutes too. I'm wonder how his redshirt Season is progressing? Has anyone heard Coach comment on that?
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                1972Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                I pretty much agree with Dan although I guess Shamet could get hot at the right time and impress some NBA folks. Most of the hype surrounding Landry coming in to this year was generated by how he played agaisnt Kentucky in last year's NCAA Tournament. My personal opinion is that he needs a shot doctor to help him with his shot. Shooting as flat as he does gives him little room for error plus makes the shot harder to get off cleanly against size (NBA).. I was amazed he was as good as he was before his slump. But he has smarter folks than me around him to guide him.

I just don't see that Markis is close to being ready for the NBA and he may not be by the end of next year although that is hard to predict.

I think both would be better off improving their games in the off-season, getting stronger and coming back with a vengence next season (and maybe the next two seasons).

It's possible they go but I'm not seeing it at this point.

• pinstripers
                pinstripers commented
                Editing a comment
                The only thing that matters is if they want to leave. Whether any fan thinks it's a good idea, probably doesn't matter.

• 1972Shocker
                1972Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                No question it doesn't matter what to Landry or Markis what fans think. I think that is quite obvious. However, this is a fan message board whose primary purpose is to provide fans a forum to express what they think about and to share information abouit the Shockers..

• Both will start at least by conference play. Guarantee it. You can flame me all you want if I’m wrong.

Comment

• pogo
                pogo commented
                Editing a comment
                And you know I will.
            Working...
            X