No announcement yet.

Alex Lomax 5'11 4* PG 2018 to Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taken from the max preps article “The Florida school was able to foul out Top 10 junior prospect James Wiseman and Wichita State commit Alex Lomax to turn the tide of the game.”

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Can you imagine if Wiseman joined Udeze Lomax and the Shox ‘19. Udeze and Wiseman in the post? Dear lord...

Comment

• shoxrox89
          shoxrox89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nm

• Comment

• The more I watch Lomax, the more I think he may start next year, moving Landry to the 2.

Comment

• wufan
            wufan commented
            Editing a comment
            Dan, Mr Shamet has a 2:1 A:TO ratio. Just because he have Conner and had Fred, two of the best in the country at limiting TOS, doesn’t mean that Landry’s two per game aren’t very good. I can’t imagine an NBA scout saying, “Landry Shamet could really help our team, but he turns the ball over twice per game. He will be somebody else’s problem.”

• Stickboy46
            Stickboy46 commented
            Editing a comment
            I haven't seen Landry shooting up any draft boards and most still have him as a 2nd round pick. I think he stays and gets his degree (next years would be his 4th year) unless that changes.

• Bluzrover
            Bluzrover commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree with Dan and Stick. Unless Landry is projected well into the 1st round, I believe he comes back and I think he moves back to the 2, but only when A-Lo is on the court at the same time. That being said, I think A-Lo eases into the position, much like Fred did, which wasn't until late in his freshman season when he started to get really meaningful minutes. Regardless, I am really excited about the addition of A-Lo to the roster next year.

• I think he starts next year regardless

Comment

• Freshman.

Fred Van Vleet was once a freshman. He didn't start.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• One of the biggest problems we have (which is obviously relative, considering we're a Top 10-15 team without McDuffie) is that we lack team speed. Our bigs are slow, and Landry as a point guard and initiator of the offense isn't the fastest with the basketball in his hands. Alex is fast. And combining him with Chance Moore (who will be the best NBA prospect on the team once Landry leaves, IMO) will be really fun to watch. They'll be freshmen, but that combo will be able to fill it up at times, especially combined with SHJ.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I’m not ready to call any freshman NBA prospects, but I would think McDuffie would be our #1 next year.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Whether he starts or not next year I think we got the best point guard entering college next year. Nice easy flow about his game.

Comment

• Every PG we have going forward will be compared to Fred. At some point, we will bring in a guy that overtakes Fred as the best WSU PG of all time. Only time in the saddle will give someone that designation but this guy has the tools to get me excited.

Comment

• Absolutely excited about this kid! No question he plays a lot.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Memphis East has lost 3 close games in a row, all to good competition. University (FL), Olive Branch (MS) and Chicago Simeon (IL). Lomax did have a triple-double, 13 points, 12 assists and 10 rebounds in the loss to Chicago Simeon last night.

Comment

• There is a E:60 Pictures showing from time to time on ESNWS called Penny Saved. Lomax has some comments during the show. It might provide some insight on why it was difficult for him to make the decision to leave Memphis.

it came out in 12-16 so this may be old news.

Comment

• Do a search for 'Penny' on the WatchEspn site. It is on there for viewing.

Comment

Working...
                            X