Alex Lomax 5'11 4* PG 2018 to Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    we really need to sign a PG in this class. Next year, best case scenario, we have Shamet/Jones and a freshmen learning the role to take over the following year when Shamet gets drafted and Jones is a Sr. If Shamet gets drafted after this year, we just have Jones. We really can't afford to forego a PG in this class.
    We also have Reaves, whose passing is impressive to me, as is is court sense (basketball IQ). A year, if healthy, would allow him to improve his handles and gain some upper body strength, too.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Not worried... Austin Reaves when healthy can ball

Comment

• I like Reaves, but until he has a few seasons and 30 extra pounds of muscle on his body I wouldn’t count on him making it through a full season.

Comment

I like Reaves, but until he has a few seasons and 30 extra pounds of muscle on his body I wouldn’t count on him making it through a full season.
          Well I hope he proves you wrong

Comment

• We will need more than just Austin in 2019-20.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
              We will need more than just Austin in 2019-20.
              Last I heard, 3G was still clean shaven!
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
                Well I hope he proves you wrong
                I’ll be thrilled if he does. He likes to go inside and it’s not the best recipe for a 145 pounder

Comment

I like Reaves, but until he has a few seasons and 30 extra pounds of muscle on his body I wouldn’t count on him making it through a full season.
                  You think Austin should play at 205 pounds? According to the current Shocker Roster Landry is 6 pounds heavier than AR, so you also want LS to gain another 24 pounds so he can make it through a full season?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                    You think Austin should play at 205 pounds? According to the current Shocker Roster Landry is 6 pounds heavier than AR, so you also want LS to gain another 24 pounds so he can make it through a full season?
                    I have no idea what they weigh now but I think Austin might be a little taller but also he doesn’t have the same body type as Landry, who is also thin but has more muscle mass. Also 6’5” 205 pounds doesn’t seem unreasonable. That’s probably Toure Murry size.

Comment

• Not worried about Austin personally. Think the best is yet to come from him. Wish he could benefit from our dynamic weight lifting program, but this young man loves the game & sells out putting it all on the line.

Comment

I have no idea what they weigh now but I think Austin might be a little taller but also he doesn’t have the same body type as Landry, who is also thin but has more muscle mass. Also 6’5” 205 pounds doesn’t seem unreasonable. That’s probably Toure Murry size.
                        You seem to have missed the fact that Reaves was fearless doing anything on the court last year. His only problem was dislocating the same shoulder 3 times. The surgeon that fixed him in the offseason says he's fixed for life. I don't know if I believe that, but if he doesn't blow out the shoulder again, I have no concern about how much he weighs.

With the lighter weight, he's got some great shake and bake capabilities. It's easier to redirect 175 pounds than 205 pounds. reaves has figured that out and uses his lighter frame to his advantage.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Austin came in here use to being The Man. Even through all of his injury mishaps, he gave his all in all and we fans loved him. He adapted to what the team needed out of him here at WSU. That's what team-players and Shockers do. While his play was limited in the Kentucky game, I remember his made 3-pointer. Then when the game ended in a loss, I will always remember him leaning over and talking to LS at a time where his teammate needed some encouragement. Not sure what was said but I guess he might have been directing their focus to this very Season and how they would have new opportunities to take it to even a higher level. It reminded me of FVV and Baker embraced walking through the tunnel after the final game of their Final 4 Season of their Freshman Season.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                            Austin came in here use to being The Man. Even through all of his injury mishaps, he gave his all in all and we fans loved him. He adapted to what the team needed out of him here at WSU. That's what team-players and Shockers do. While his play was limited in the Kentucky game, I remember his made 3-pointer. Then when the game ended in a loss, I will always remember him leaning over and talking to LS at a time where his teammate needed some encouragement. Not sure what was said but I guess he might have been directing their focus to this very Season and how they would have new opportunities to take it to even a higher level. It reminded me of FVV and Baker embraced walking through the tunnel after the final game of their Final 4 Season of their Freshman Season.
                            he will be the man (health considered). warrior.

Comment

• Shocks willbe facing bigger/stronger players every game in the AAC compared to the Valley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
                                Shocks willbe facing bigger/stronger players every game in the AAC compared to the Valley.
                                Obviously
                                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                                X