Dwight Coleby Tranferring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwight Coleby Tranferring?

I'd take him. One year left, eligible immediately..............

IMO, signing a center for one year doesn't really help WSU.

I can't imagine he would want to be at least third string at center at WSU for one year.

Comment

Kadeem's brother. Would definitely fill a need for post minutes. He didn't set the world on fire at KU and I haven't seen much of him, but if he could stretch his six minutes a game to ten, I think he'd be a great addition.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
        IMO, signing a center for one year doesn't really help WSU.

I can't imagine he would want to be at least third string at center at WSU for one year.
        We have 80 minutes between Shaq, Willis and Nurger and 4/5. McDuffie might pull a few of those in some lineup combinations and Mitgaard is coming in as a Freshman, but I think this man (23 years old now) would likely find meaningful minutes here if he just performed at his Ol' Miss level.

I have zero confidence in Willis' ability to defend any competent post players.

Comment

I think Willis is more effective at the 4. He's got too many issues with his post up game, at least he did last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            I'd take him. One year left, eligible immediately..............

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/col...150484632.html
            Only if he's the best option left. If we do get him, we will have a massive hole in our front line after next season. I would prefer a younger big with more upside, but that might not be an option this late in the game.

Comment

With respect to his brother....I'll pass.

Comment

A hole that could be filled with a Juco. Our time is now, not two seasons from now. We are paper thin up front this coming season.

Not saying that Coleby is the second coming, just that we need a serviceable big man for 17-18.

Comment

Pass

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                    A hole that could be filled with a Juco. Our time is now, not two seasons from now. We are paper thin up front this coming season.

Not saying that Coleby is the second coming, just that we need a serviceable big man for 17-18.
                    We return the same five 4/5s from last year and add Midtgaard. I'm not buying the paper thin narrative.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

If you think he's the answer after washing out at the flagship, I have some oceanfront property in Arizona.......I bet you're interested, right?

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                        Only if he's the best option left. If we do get him, we will have a massive hole in our front line after next season. I would prefer a younger big with more upside, but that might not be an option this late in the game.

A very real possibility.

Comment

I feel there is some confusion. We are not paper thin in the post in '17-'18, which is this coming season. At the conclusion of this season, we have four post players graduating. We will be paper thin in the post in '18-'19.
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                            I feel there is some confusion. We are not paper thin in the post in '17-'18, which is this coming season. At the conclusion of this season, we have four post players graduating. We will be paper thin in the post in '18-'19.
                            We graduate Shaq, Nurger and Willis. Who is the 4th post? Kelly? Barney? Willis is not a good player. So that leaves Shaq and Rauno. Kelly is a tweener that will work against some lineups. I think Coleby could be an answer for ten minutes a game. Not an answer to our no Hakeem Olajuwon problem. If you think we can compete for a NC standing pat with our current post players, then I guess we are good.

Comment

We graduate Shaq, Nurger and Willis. Who is the 4th post? Kelly? Barney? Willis is not a good player. So that leaves Shaq and Rauno. Kelly is a tweener that will work against some lineups. I think Coleby could be an answer for ten minutes a game. Not an answer to our no Hakeem Olajuwon problem. If you think we can compete for a NC standing pat with our current post players, then I guess we are good.
                              You missed last year's starter at PF. In discussing "post" players, you have to watch for context. Sometimes the term is used for only centers, but it generally includes players at both PF and C.

Among the 6 "bigs" next year, we have 4 who can play PF and 4 who can play C. (I count Nurger and Willis as 4/5 players.) That's half the roster for 2 positions. Adding another player at PF or C makes absolutely no sense. Midtgaard needs some minutes because in '18-'19, he's "The guy". He needs on-court experience. There are no minutes available in the front court.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                              X