No announcement yet.

Rodgerick Brown 6'7 F 2017 to New Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Rodgerick Brown redshirts, that will put him back in his normal class year. He wasn't scheduled to graduate from high school until next year, anyway.

Even though Paul Suellentrop keeps saying that Brown would be 19 during his normal senior year in high school (http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy), he actually would have graduated as a senior before he turns 19 in 2018.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
      he's already said that rodgerick brown is ready right now. what more do you need to to know?
      That's why he gets the big bucks
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Brown is too old to play HS ball next year. He had to reclassify or go to a prep school or miss a year of ball. He chose to reclassify, enroll at WSU, and has said he'd like to redshirt.

This is pretty simple, straight-forward, and cut and dried.

Marshall has said he's ready now to play D1 ball. Does that mean he's ready to challenge Zach Brown and Markis McDuffie for PT? I don't think so. If he wants to reshirt, we've got a stud with a year in the program under his belt and 4 years of eligibiloity remaining.

We don't need additional depth this year. I think Rodg has figured that out.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Perhaps Coach knows (or has a sense) Rodgerick will be a 2 or 3 year player under his (coaches) development. Meaning early entry into NBA draft in a couple years. I know...I know the young man hasn't even suited up for live D-1 ball yet...but maybe coach is saying he's ready now because Coach wants to roll into the season with all studs on deck including the young freshman Rodgerick Brown.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• If I'm Rod, I'm taking a redshirt to bide my time, get better, and be ready to take one of those positions that will open up next year. Burning a year playing 2 mpg doesn't help anyone, just ask CJ Keyser.

Comment

• From the WSU standpoint, if Brown redshirts, WSU runs the risk of having to do this recruiting all over
              again in 4 years. WSU could lose 8 players next year. If WSU sign 5 freshman and add Brown, WSU will have 6 seniors to sign again in 2022 potentially. I can't imagine they would want to do this again.

Comment

• Coach always says that redshirting is ultimately the player's decision. I would not assume that the next class will be all freshmen either.

Comment

• I'm expecting 2 JuCo bigs in the 2018 recruiting class. The only way that doesn't happen is if Marshall gets commits from some post players that are too good to pass on.

Comment

• Sometimes, players sitting out a Season and practicing with the team jump-starts the following Season in impact fashion. Armstead and Baker did that and then joined forces with Early, Cotton, FVV, Hall, etc. Next thing you know, we chose door number 4. Final 4 that is. What a Season that was to remember.

On the other hand, what if Austin would be healed enough to play this very Season injury free and RB wants to get any game-time experience needed as we play for 'all the marbles' this very Season with 6 Seniors, MM, LS and company? Dunno, because AR and RB could both redshirt? Stay tuned, but either way we will be 'finer than a frog hair' IMO and I have plenty of those right here on SN and they are all free of charge.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      I'm expecting 2 JuCo bigs in the 2018 recruiting class. The only way that doesn't happen is if Marshall gets commits from some post players that are too good to pass on.
                      Are you referring to Shaq Carter and Antun Maricevic, or are there other JUCOs in play for the Shocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by DRuff34 View Post
                        Are you referring to Shaq Carter and Antun Maricevic, or are there other JUCOs in play for the Shocks?
                        It seems there are always "other" recruits that we've scarcely heard of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          It seems there are always "other" recruits that we've scarcely heard of.
                          It will be exciting to see the final blueprint of this recruiting class. Fans such as myself watch highlight films of players, focus mostly on offensive skills, look at the ratings of players, and come up with a wish list. The Marshall Plan has had so much success in defeating teams that have higher rated recruits and that is impressive and begets other Programs watching any interest we have and trying to emulate that. Coach Marshall and his Staff have to acutely evaluate recruits way beyond merely watching highlight clips, ratings, and offensive skills. They find gems like Baker, Cle, Hall, FVV, Cotton, LS, etc. that are way better than advertized but also bring valuable skills that can be developed into exactly the needs that we are looking for which includes not just offense, but also defense, rim protecting, rebounding, and so on. Then, they find 10-12 such solid players, not just 5-7 or 8 that can all be considered as starters, rotation players, and keepers to wear out our opposing foes and win more than not.

RB is one such player but we have more needs to fill than most Seasons in lieu of 6 Seniors, plus 2 players that could leave early to continue this sport for money. Since we are earning more and more respect in the basketball world because we keep dancing, now we are getting looks from prized recruits as never before here. The Shocks can be very selective and if we can't get exactly what we need by a huge group of Freshmen, we can continue to hunt for Jucos, Transfers, and Overseas players to perfect this work of 'recruiting art' that the Marshall Plan thrives on.

Yes, never before are the prognosticators ranking us so high because we return most everybody. The flip side of such great possibilities is reloading for the following Season. This looks much easier than it is and reminds us where we use to be in Shocker basketball, and where we are now and where we are heading under the Marshall regime. I like what I see and will be elated when our new "play angry" recruits are all signed and here. However, are you satisfied, because 3G does ask that very question to his players from time to time. This I do know. I don't remember a Season to come that I am as inspired as much as this very Season.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Great job by our coaching staff for completing the recruiting process for this prospect. Excellent athlete, positively refreshing attitude, & willingness to learn . Played at a very high level on the summer circuit, after excelling as a double digit scorer & rebounder in quality Memphis high school competition. Coach Marshall will love this guys effort on both sides of the court.

Comment

• Question for anyone opposed to a redshirt for either of our incoming freshmen, who among the top 11 returners do you expect to play less minutes for either freshman then(I'm assuming a mostly like for like swap of SHJ for Daishon)? Because after all those 11 players that leaves a grand total of 344 minutes less than 10 per game for all walk-ons and freshmen(less than Austin played last year even with him missing games for injury). I personally would like to redshirt both freshman if possible and if they want to. The growth of AM and RB will not take place in games, it will happen in practice. If we have an injury that makes them necessary you pull it just as we did with Nurger when Grady went down.

Comment

• 10 mpg would be a successful freshman season. That's about what Cotton and Zach Brown played as freshman.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X