Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will happen with the last 2017 scholarship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the right shoulder was originally operated on in high school (sophomore year or something). The left shoulder was operated on after high School, causing him to miss Canada. He is now getting an additional surgery on the right shoulder. Hopefully with a better surgeon.
    I had the shoulders reversed in my mind, so I agreed with Shockmonster, but I really don't know. I believe he wears the brace on his left shoulder.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
      Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the right shoulder was originally operated on in high school (sophomore year or something). The left shoulder was operated on after high School, causing him to miss Canada. He is now getting an additional surgery on the right shoulder. Hopefully with a better surgeon.
      It was his left shoulder that was injured earlier this year, wasn't it?

Comment

According to his bio, http://www.goshockers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2957

2016-17 (Freshman): Limited in summer workouts leading up to his true freshman season after undergoing surgery on March 23, 2016 to repair a torn labrum in his left shoulder… Suffered the injury midway through his junior season while diving for a loose ball, and – with help from a brace – played through the injury for over a year… Had a similar procedure on his right shoulder as a sophomore.
        The pic on his bio shows the brace on his right shoulder, which would be his earlier surgery..

2014 surgery right shoulder (Soph high school)
        2016 surgery left shoulder (after HS senior year)
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

All the injuries last season were on the braced right shoulder that he had operated on in HS. Evidently the left that was operated on last spring is holding up so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
            All the injuries last season were on the braced right shoulder that he had operated on in HS. Evidently the left that was operated on last spring is holding up so far.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article142864384.html

Comment

So..... will it be a big or a gaurd? Frosh, Transfer, or JUCO? ;)
              The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                So..... will it be a big or a gaurd? Frosh, Transfer, or JUCO? ;)
                Transfer. 6-4 or taller.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                  http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article142864384.html
                  Clickable Link: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...142864384.html

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    It would be nice if we could find a game ready big, say 7' to 7'2", mobile shot blocker with a good amount of Shaq like strength, skilled over either shoulder with either hand, and can pick and pop out beyond the 3.

A Rhodes Scholar candidate, he should also be active in a number of philanthropies, and his girlfriend either a cheerleader or, preferably, an athletic 6'3" OH with 3 years remaining. And 6 rotation skills.
                    Does this guy count?
                    South Alabama sophomore Nikola Marijan will not return to the men's basketball program, head coach Matthew Graves announced Tuesday.

Comment

If Reaves is healthy and ready to go next season -- and no doubt he'll believe he's ready (whether he really is or not), and probably long before then, based on his history -- WSU will be deep and talented at guard with him and SHJ behind Shamet and Frankamp, plus the possibility that Keyser will be a serviceable SG. If CJ is indeed a serviceable SG next season, they could be deep at guard even if Reaves isn't really ready. And assuming they stay healthy, they're already deep and talented at the 3/4/5 spots, although Willis needs to step forward in terms of defense and BBIQ.

This could easily be a year where a quality transfer, even one who sits out on scholarship, is a winning choice. Lots of possibilities, and the Shocks don't need to be desperate or in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                        This could easily be a year where a quality transfer, even one who sits out on scholarship, is a winning choice. Lots of possibilities, and the Shocks don't need to be desperate or in a hurry.
                        BIG MAN JUCO/TRANSFER. Gonna be really thin down there in 18'. Being that AM will be a HUGE WIP, we will need some experience and skill in the post come 18. Of course, we could wait until 18' to get the transfers as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
                          BIG MAN JUCO/TRANSFER. Gonna be really thin down there in 18'. Being that AM will be a HUGE WIP, we will need some experience and skill in the post come 18. Of course, we could wait until 18' to get the transfers as well.
                          Midtgaard will not be a work in progress. I don't expect him to dominate, but he will more than serviceable in 2018.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                            Midtgaard will not be a work in progress. I don't expect him to dominate, but he will more than serviceable in 2018.
                            This is good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              This is good to know.
                              Well I don't "know" that he will be good anymore than mini "knows" he will be a project; however he has already demonstrated that he can play against former D-I players that are now paid to play.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                                Well I don't "know" that he will be good anymore than mini "knows" he will be a project; however he has already demonstrated that he can play against former D-I players that are now paid to play.
                                You and I are likely never to be on the same page about AM. Only next season will prove his skill level. That being said your impression of him certainly goes against his footage. Tal

Comment

Working...
                                X