2018 Recruiting: All You Need To Know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post

Cool! I guess somewhere along the way, I lost that in my mind. Maybe one too many Dos Equis this weekend.
    "Stay thirsty my friend"

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Wow, hard to believe how quickly that list has been whittled down. Glad to see Lomax and Chaney still out there. Would just be thrilled to death if both committed in a couple of weeks. Don't really mind what happens after that, it they were to commit that is.

Comment

• Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Not sure if this has been posted yet on Mr. Chaney but now it has. However, we have our own Shocker viewpoints of him playing for us.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Slightly random thought, but my guess is we will have no fewer than 7 scholarships available. Gut instinct tells me 8 scholarship newcomers next season.

Comment

• My guess is we sign 2 more and keep recruiting the really high profile guys, like Ramey. If one falls in our lap in the late period, we deal with roster issues later.

Comment

• New Mixtapes:
              Keyshawn Bryant - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZRpHgg8dLI&sns=tw

Added Offers:
              Antun Maricevic (Stephen F Austin, Loyola-Marymount, Hofstra, Albany)
              Courtney Ramey (Villanova)
              Caleb McConnell (St. Bonaventure)

Comment

• “You never know what’s going to happen with Landry Shamet, so Lomax is priority 1, 2, and 3 for them,” Evans said. “They definitely need a point guard, there’s no doubt about that. Getting a guy like him would be a giant boon for the program. It’s about the demographics of getting the top one or two kid from the city of Memphis, a city they’re now playing out of in the American. It would be huge if they can go in there and get a top kid like that from an affiliated city.”

Some potential targets: Chance Moore (6-9, 200) is a three-star wing prospect from Louisville, Neftali Alvarez (6-1, 175) is a three-star point guard from Miami, Keyshawn Bryant (6-6, 165) is one of the better athletes in the country out of Florida, and Bryan Penn-Johnson (7-0, 215) is a four-star center in Utah who Evans believes the Shockers are still in play for.

“We’re recruiting about five or six guys for these last two spots,” Isaac Brown told me. “We’re in the mix for some really, really good players, so we’re just going to try to finish it up and get two of them.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                  “You never know what’s going to happen with Landry Shamet, so Lomax is priority 1, 2, and 3 for them,” Evans said. “They definitely need a point guard, there’s no doubt about that. Getting a guy like him would be a giant boon for the program. It’s about the demographics of getting the top one or two kid from the city of Memphis, a city they’re now playing out of in the American. It would be huge if they can go in there and get a top kid like that from an affiliated city.”

Some potential targets: Chance Moore (6-9, 200) is a three-star wing prospect from Louisville, Neftali Alvarez (6-1, 175) is a three-star point guard from Miami, Keyshawn Bryant (6-6, 165) is one of the better athletes in the country out of Florida, and Bryan Penn-Johnson (7-0, 215) is a four-star center in Utah who Evans believes the Shockers are still in play for.

“We’re recruiting about five or six guys for these last two spots,” Isaac Brown told me. “We’re in the mix for some really, really good players, so we’re just going to try to finish it up and get two of them.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy
                  This does tell us where they are going. We can just sit back and relax. :)

Comment

• Would be something if we stilled pulled BPJ given all the PF/Centers who have committed or are already on the team. As much as I'd like to have him, we're probably in more need of a wing such as Bryant or Moore. I'm already on record on A-Lo.

Comment

• Never pass up the chance at a skilled 7 footer
                      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                        Never pass up the chance at a skilled 7 footer
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                          Never pass up the chance at a skilled 7 footer
                          You are right on the mark. Be happy he came our way & find a way to make it work. Really felt we were out of it for him as he got word that KentuckyUCLA, & Duke (I believe) were coming in with all the previous schools. Would be an excellent prospect to reload with next year. With the other bigs we have signed, really only interested in a special big.

Comment

• Originally posted by homegrownshocker View Post

You are right on the mark. Be happy he came our way & find a way to make it work. Really felt we were out of it for him as he got word that KentuckyUCLA, & Duke (I believe) were coming in with all the previous schools. Would be an excellent prospect to reload with next year. With the other bigs we have signed, really only interested in a special big.
                            I thought the same. I don't think he's expected to sign until the spring so maybe Gregg will try to get him on an official visit here for a big game. He's already visited DePaul, Washington and UCLA. I imagine Gregg and staff will shoot for the stars during the season and see if they can land a Top-100 player.

Comment

• Sure is quiet right now, sure hope we finish off the class with a few more lightning rods next week. Who can resist such a great opportunity?

Comment

• A couple of WSU recruits mentioned here in the Clarion Ledger article: http://www.clarionledger.com/story/s...zen/819835001/, particularly Michael Barber and Tyron Brewer.

Comment

Working...
                                X