2018 Recruiting: All You Need To Know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
    So pin, let's see yourn wish list to make this happen.
    Lomax and I don't care

Comment

• [QUOTE=pinstripers;755037]Lomax and I don't care[/QUOT

Your concern is probably the Marshall Plan concern about breaking up the classes. Thus, if we only sign 2 players, getting Naylor and Lomax would address that concern some.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• One or two of our freshmen next year will likely redshirt. Another reason I don’t think AM or Brown redshirt this year is that we don’t need more freshmen next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          One or two of our freshmen next year will likely redshirt. Another reason I don’t think AM or Brown redshirt this year is that we don’t need more freshmen next year.
          Question is, should that be the deciding factor? Do you sacrifice a full year of eligibility for mop-up minutes out of concerns for breaking up a large freshman class next year? I would say no. You Redshirt a couple of freshman next year and with the graduations next year you fill them with impact jucos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boss1786 View Post
            Question is, should that be the deciding factor? Do you sacrifice a full year of eligibility for mop-up minutes out of concerns for breaking up a large freshman class next year? I would say no. You Redshirt a couple of freshman next year and with the graduations next year you fill them with impact jucos.
            Marshall has said previously that he offers all freshman the opportunity to RS. I don’t think that will change this year. I also don’t think he will encourage any of them to RS.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
              Marshall has said previously that he offers all freshman the opportunity to RS. I don’t think that will change this year. I also don’t think he will encourage any of them to RS.
              I totally agree with the first part. However, I do think he will give some encouragement, but I don't think he will pressure them.

Comment

• Finally have all of the commitments updated. 67 of the 130 players are now committed at this point.

Also, believe we'll be using our 13th and 14th official visits for 2017-2019 this week. I believe we're allowed 26 through May of 2019? We're certainly moving through these at a rapid rate. We've had Rodgerick Brown (WSU), Erik Stevenson (WSU), Morris Udeze (WSU), Jaime Echenique (WSU), Andrew Gordon (West Virginia), Darius Allen (Baylor), Serrel Smith (Ole Miss), Alex Lomax, Keyontae Johnson, Jared Rhoden, Neftali Alvarez and Reggie Chaney. Those along with Chance Moore starting today and Zach Naylor who is scheduled to be in here this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                  Finally have all of the commitments updated. 67 of the 130 players are now committed at this point.

Also, believe we'll be using our 13th and 14th official visits for 2017-2019 this week. I believe we're allowed 26 through May of 2019? We're certainly moving through these at a rapid rate. We've had Rodgerick Brown (WSU), Erik Stevenson (WSU), Morris Udeze (WSU), Jaime Echenique (WSU), Andrew Gordon (West Virginia), Darius Allen (Baylor), Serrel Smith (Ole Miss), Alex Lomax, Keyontae Johnson, Jared Rhoden, Neftali Alvarez and Reggie Chaney. Those along with Chance Moore starting today and Zach Naylor who is scheduled to be in here this weekend.
                  Men's Basketball is allowed to host 24 official visits per rolling two-year period. So the maximum number of official visits a program can host in any given year is 24 minus the number of official visits hosted in the prior year. The year's concide with the NCAA recruiting calendars which run from August 1st through July 31st. Between 8/1/17 and 7/31/18 we can host 24 official visits less the number of official visits we hosted between 8/1/16 and 7/31/17.

Between 8/1/18 through 7/31/19 we can host 24 visits less the number we have hosted during the current recruiting year.

At leas this is the way I understand it.

https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...63#post1042963
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 17, 2017, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• Bryant Mocaby from Goddard High (now transferred to Derby) is headed to Northern Kentucky. Someone to potentially watch.

Comment

• Moving to current page for convenience.

The Shocks will be replacing 6 seniors and possibly 1 or 2 underclassmen at the end of this season. 3G says he needs at least 1 of everything plus a special player.

I took the nifty list that @ShockTalk put together and added just a bit of color.
                      - Red: Players who do not have us among their finalists or have committed elsewhere
                      - Purple: Players with WSU on their top picks list
                      - Green: Players who have made or scheduled visits to WSU
                      - Bold Gold: Players who have verbally comitted to WSU

Center: #ranked 47
                      Bryan Penn-Johnson #5 .9735 (5)
                      Keenan Fitzmorris #13 .8776 (13) - Committed to Stanford
                      Morris Udeze #18 .8709 (7) - Comitted to WSU
                      Florent Thamba #27 .8194 (25)
                      Antun Maricevic - Casper WY Juco
                      Mohammad Abdulsalam - (3-Star)- Committed to NC-Greensboro
                      Isaiah Chandler - Sunrise - Committed to WSU.
                      Jaime Echinique (6-11, 220) - Trinity Valley CC - Comitted to WSU

Power Forward #ranked 91
                      Darius Days #20 .9731 (19) -WSU not in Top 5 List - Committed to LSU
                      Jal Bijiek #28 .9398 (NA) - Committed to Tulsa
                      Dimon Carrigan #32 .9262 (NA) - WSU on Top 8 List
                      Amanze Ngumezi #35 .9100 (28) - Committed to Georgia
                      Tyrese Samuel #41 .8920 (44)
                      Reggie Chaney #43 .8853 (37) - WSU Visit: Oct 14-15 - Comitted to Arkansas
                      Amadou Sow #51 .8767 (46) Committed to UC-Santa Barbara
                      Vincent Lee NA
                      Grayson Carter - Committed to Georgetown
                      Shaq Carter - Eastern Florida Juco - Committed to Rutgers
                      Joel Ntambwe (3-Star)
                      Andrew Gordon - Northwest Florida Juco - WSU Visit - Aug 25-27

Small Forward # ranked 98
                      Keyontae Johnson #22 .9592 (28) - WSU Visit Sept 15-17 - WSU Not in Final Four
                      Landers Nolley #25 .9507 (13) - Committed to Georgia - De-committed from Georgia - Commited to Virginia Tech
                      Kaden Archie #30 .9366 (18) -Committed to TCU
                      Miller Kopp #32 .9337 (19) - Committed to Northwesternhh
                      Keyshawn Bryant #43 .8968 (36)
                      Aaron Nesmith #46 .8939 (NA)
                      Rod Brown #48 .8850 (32) - Committed to WSU - Class of 2017
                      KJ Buffen #85 .7667 (69) - Committed to Middle Tennessee State
                      Josh Roberts #91 .7667 (60) - Commited to St. John's
                      Michael Barber (ESPN 3-Star) - Unconfirmed Report That He Will Take An Official Visit to WSU
                      Noah Kirkwood (Rivals 3-Star)
                      Emmitt Mathews Jr - Committed to UConn
                      Vince Williams Jr (3 to 4 Star) - Committed to VCU
                      Zach Naylor - Weatherford Juc - Commiitted to Ole Miss (Apparently cancelled visit to WSU)

Shooting Guard # ranked 110
                      Jason Wade #24 .9418 (NA)
                      TJ Moss #52 .8821 (38)
                      Diante Wood #55 .8763 (36)
                      Erik Stevenson #64 .8467 (39) - Commited to WSU
                      Nate Hinton #68 .8185 (18) - Committed to Houston
                      Jared Rhoden (3-Star) - WSU Visit: October 5-7 - Committed to Seton Hall
                      Caleb McConnell (2-Star) - Sunrise
                      Khaleem Bennett (2-Star) - Sunrise
                      Darius Allen - Palm Beach State Juco - WSU Visit: September 29 - Commited to Baylor
                      Chance Moore - Bleckley Prep - WSU Visit: October 16

Combo Guard # ranked 18
                      Serrel Smith #12 .8702 (13) - Committed to Ole Miss
                      Daylen Kountz #16 .7965 (74 as SG) - Committed to Colorado

Point Guard # ranked 78
                      Jared Butler #16 .9580 (14) - WSU on Top 6 List - Commited to Alabama
                      Alex Lomax #24 .9245 (30) - WSU Visit: August 25-27
                      Tyler Harris #27 .9203 (29)
                      Zach Scott #44 .8701 (40) - Committed to Florisa Gulf Coast
                      Neftali Alvarez #56 .8046 (58) - WSU Visit: October 7-8
                      Xavier Castaneda #64 .7667 (NA) - Committed to South Florida
                      Isaiah Bujdoso (2-Star) - Sunrise - Committed to Loyola-Chicago

Please post any updates, errors or changes you see or know of.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 3, 2017, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• Wednesday will mark two weeks until the early-signing period begins. I still expect Gregg to land two or three commitments between now and then. It's hard to put together a short-list now because I'm sure there are a handful of under-the-radar prospects that we don't know much about at this point.

I think we may still be after Joel Ntambwe (see tweet below). I know we've been in contact with Emmanuel Bandoumel from Canada too. 6'4 point guard who is also hearing from SMU, Baylor and Oregon. A couple of months ago, a Canadian journalist thought he would pick WSU. He probably has some good info.

Point Guards: Alex Lomax, Neftali Alvarez
                        Wings: Jared Rhoden, Chance Moore
                        Bigs: Reggie Chaney, Dimon Carrigan, Jal Bijiek
                        New Names/Long Shots: Trevelin Queen (F), CJ Williamson (Wing), Joel Ntambwe (F), Emmanuel Bandoumel (G), Michael Barber (F)

Comment

Wednesday will mark two weeks until the early-signing period begins. I still expect Gregg to land two or three commitments between now and then. It's hard to put together a short-list now because I'm sure there are a handful of under-the-radar prospects that we don't know much about at this point.

I think we may still be after Joel Ntambwe (see tweet below). I know we've been in contact with Emmanuel Bandoumel from Canada too. 6'4 point guard who is also hearing from SMU, Baylor and Oregon. A couple of months ago, a Canadian journalist thought he would pick WSU. He probably has some good info.

Point Guards: Alex Lomax, Neftali Alvarez
                          Wings: Jared Rhoden, Chance Moore
                          Bigs: Reggie Chaney, Dimon Carrigan, Jal Bijiek
                          New Names/Long Shots: Trevelin Queen (F), CJ Williamson (Wing), Joel Ntambwe (F), Emmanuel Bandoumel (G), Michael Barber (F)

My updated wish list if we go with 3 is still Lomax and Chaney but have added Emmanuel B. on. EB is so gifted, I wonder if he could play the 1,2, or 3? If Chaney does not sign with us, I would also be happy with Carrigan, Bijiek, or Joel Ntambwe. However, 3G could very well sign a 3-man which TQ or Chance Moore could be a strong possibility? Was hoping Alvarez would try a Season at Sunrise but don't know if that is even possible.

Actually, I really am impressed with the list shocks02 has presented and love it how so many top quality players will talk seriously with us now. Look for this only to improve as the Shockers keep improving as an awesome Program and now in the AAC.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

My updated wish list if we go with 3 is still Lomax and Chaney but have added Emmanuel B. on. EB is so gifted, I wonder if he could play the 1,2, or 3? If Chaney does not sign with us, I would also be happy with Carrigan, Bijiek, or Joel Ntambwe. However, 3G could very well sign a 3-man which TQ or Chance Moore could be a strong possibility? Was hoping Alvarez would try a Season at Sunrise but don't know if that is even possible.

Actually, I really am impressed with the list shocks02 has presented and love it how so many top quality players will talk seriously with us now. Look for this only to improve as the Shockers keep improving as an awesome Program and now in the AAC.
                            I'm pretty sure I read that Bijiek committed to Tulsa.
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post

I'm pretty sure I read that Bijiek committed to Tulsa.
                              He de-committed a week or two ago.

Comment

He de-committed a week or two ago.
                                Cool! I guess somewhere along the way, I lost that in my mind. Maybe one too many Dos Equis this weekend.
                                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                                X