Brendon Knox - Committed to Auburn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinstripers
    Yeah, maybe. We had narrowed it down to a half dozen, and now it seems like we are back to expanding our list. That does not mean that we won't be successful, and sometimes plan B ends up being better than plan A, but yeah, maybe.
    I recall Coach saying the list was about a half dozen, but where does it say that we're expanding the list? There are rumors everywhere, but nothing from the staff that the list of a half dozen has changed at all since he made that statement.

As much as we might not want to believe it, we may not have a clue who is really on their list. It could look totally different than we imagine. I for one had no idea of Aaron Ellis last year.

Maybe they're waiting for #1 to decide before moving on to #2 and so on. Coach is probably more concerned about getting the best possible recruits than in getting signatures fast. He's been doing it long enough that he's probably learned patience. I'm pretty impatient, but I'm more than willing to relax and sleep well at night with the assurance that he is doing what needs to be done.

Comment

People need to be very careful about aggregating all of these articles and recruiting service profiles.

The information in those things are only accurate at the time it was gathered. Just because a player's Scout profile has an offer listed from WSU, doesn't mean that offer still stands or that the player hasn't already rejected it. It may have been accurate one or two months ago when that information was gathered, but not now.

Likewise, when coach said six offers were out, it was accurate at the time, but things may have changed since then.

A word of advice when looking at recruiting services, if the date of the most recent article where the player was actually interviewed (not just observed at some showcase) is more than a month old, don't put much stock in the accuracy of the player's list of interested schools. The recruiting process just changes so quickly, from what I've observed over the years.

Comment

The key

The most important sentence on this page -- by far -- was the observation our Downtown sage made, and repeated: "We don't know."

All of the worry and impatience and nervousness are just silly, 100% wasted speculation and mental energy. Repeat after me, guys: "We don't know." And then remind yourself: Marshall and his staff, by contrast, do know what's going on, and they know what they're doing and how to do it, and there isn't the slightest reason for them to tell us just so we'll feel better.

Relax and trust the coach. End of story.

Comment

Re: The key

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
          The most important sentence on this page -- by far -- was the observation our Downtown sage made, and repeated: "We don't know."

All of the worry and impatience and nervousness are just silly, 100% wasted speculation and mental energy. Repeat after me, guys: "We don't know." And then remind yourself: Marshall and his staff, by contrast, do know what's going on, and they know what they're doing and how to do it, and there isn't the slightest reason for them to tell us just so we'll feel better.

why do we have these discussion boards then?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockfan8

I don't think anyone is saying we shouldn't discuss recruiting, just that it doesn't make much sense to get worked up or worry much about it at this point.

Comment

Perhaps you and others on this board think that we have discussion boards to take some information in which we don't know the accuracy (it may be 100% or 10% accurate) and then make statements that are said as factual statements when WE DON'T KNOW!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster
                Perhaps you and others on this board think that we have discussion boards to take some information in which we don't know the accuracy (it may be 100% or 10% accurate) and then make statements that are said as factual statements when WE DON'T KNOW!!!!!!
                I think maybe you should change your statement to "I DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!"
                just because you don't know doesn't mean no one knows. get over yourself

Comment

"We don't know."

I don't know! :D
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU

LOL.....
                    "We don't know."

I don't know! :D

Comment

Knowing

I don't know. We don't know.

But the coach and his staff do, Shockfan8, and that's all that matters -- which is why, to quote yet another Shockernet sage, "I'm not worried." And neither should anyone else be -- except maybe the fans of teams who will be facing Marshall's teams over the next few years.

Comment

Re: Knowing

I don't know. We don't know.

But the coach and his staff do, Shockfan8, and that's all that matters -- which is why, to quote yet another Shockernet sage, "I'm not worried." And neither should anyone else be -- except maybe the fans of teams who will be facing Marshall's teams over the next few years.
                        That we do know! :D
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I didn't know you knew that I didn't know that we didn't know what was going on. But your right!

:D

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                            I didn't know you knew that I didn't know that we didn't know what was going on. But your right!

:D
                            I hope we get this kid. He looks like a HCGM type player.
                            ________
                            Apple games
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Good heavens

All I can say, goshocks, is I hope that isn't a picture of him in your avatar. That much I do know.

Comment

You guys make me laugh :D
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X