Any Concerns Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Concerns Here?

OK, the Juco tourney is over, the HS season is over. Maybe I'm just too anxious, but I had the feeling that from the way the coaching staff had been talking, that they thought they had at least one or two recruits pretty well secured. Just thought we might have had a verbal by now.

:wsu_posters: :wsu_posters:

your just oo anxious, the signing period isnt until april 15th
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I haven't gotten the impression that any recruits were secured or even nearly secured. Just that the staff was going hard after several recruits.

With HS and JC seasons only recently over, many unsigned recruits are scheduling and taking their official visits. If one wants to take three or four visits, probably on weekends, that process can take three or four weeks or more to complete.

If we get through next week, at the earliest, and haven't heard a thing, then we can begin to wonder. For me, the real concern won't set in until about three days into the signing period.

Comment

With the South Carolina job open it's possible recruits are reluctant to verbal until they are 100% sure Marshall will be here. I'm not surprised or concerned by the lack of verbals.
        In the fast lane

Comment

I don't think it's fair that I have to do all of the worrying for everyone.

Comment

Where's SubGod when we need him?

:lol:

Comment

Why?

Why would anyone be concerned? Marshall and his staff know what they're doing, both literally and -- based on his exceptional track record -- figuratively; we don't.

I agree with Royal: there's never been any reason in the real world -- as opposed to speculation (and ShockRef's purportedly knowing icons) here -- to believe that WSU had secured or almost secured any recruits. (And as one who doesn't believe verbal commitments are worth the paper they're printed on -- right, J.R. / Danilo Pinnock? -- I'm also not terribly concerned that others are reporting such commitments while WSU isn't.) I also doubt that the South Carolina coaching vacancy has anything to do with it; this is just something that takes awhile, especially when you're trying to get it right (e.g., the decision-making on another juco PG vs. a high schooler, depending on the quality of who is willing to be a Shocker next year).

As our sage has said, I'm not worried. No reason you should be either.

Comment

It may also be influenced because there is not a clear picture of who is and who is not coming back next year. Or they may know, and are helping them secure a new educational institution and do not want to announce a scholarship offer without the current player's new opportunity finalized.

Comment

On the sports on KSN the other day, Coach Marshall said he didn't know who was coming back from this season. But he was being prepared in case someone didn't return.

So it seems to me that if no one decides to move on, then the scholarships are filled.

Comment

I think Royal has it right. I won't worry until at least 3 days after the signings start. HCGM and his staff can recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                      On the sports on KSN the other day, Coach Marshall said he didn't know who was coming back from this season. But he was being prepared in case someone didn't return.

So it seems to me that if no one decides to move on, then the scholarships are filled.
                      He also said offers are are on the table so perhaps they are dependant upon if, and when it is known that scholarships are available.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Well, I am under the impression that if offered recruits sign up with us, that room will be made for them if any schollies are not open.

That would mean starting at the bottom of the list, a sitdown talk, and other alternatives for the player(s) leaving. How far up the list CGM would go would depend on the situation, but, I think not more than 2 or 3 spots.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                          Where's SubGod when we need him?

:lol:
                          At work with no lunch since it's an early day for me. And by the way....

I'm not worried.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I would think although that we should be having more recruiting talk on here by about Wednesday or Thursday of next week.

I am hungry for us to find another PG, one that is good, and a PF that I feel we need so badly too.

Comment

I get my opinion from the fact that we currently have no schollies available, yet it's been made clear that HCGM fully intends to sign one or two more players. I wouldn't want to say that if I wasn't pretty sure I had the signee(s) or a group of potential signees that I felt confident I could get my signee(s) from that would improve the team from what I already have. I would be a little surprised if those one or two current players on the roster did not already know the situation and that HCGM would leave the team in suspence as to who and how many may go.

Comment

Working...
                              X