Any Concerns Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shocker0624
    i think our spring signings may not be what they were originally hyped up to be
    and what makes you say that
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

i'm just suprised we have not heard more about what recruits we are looking at this spring, in the last week or two the recruiting forum has been dead

Comment

i'm just suprised we have not heard more about what recruits we are looking at this spring, in the last week or two the recruiting forum has been dead
        because it is a dead period, no coaches in the nation are allowed to make contact with any recruits, and that last until today i think.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
          because it is a dead period, no coaches in the nation are allowed to make contact with any recruits, and that last until today i think.
          ya but before the dead period the forum was quiet and i figured things would start to blow up this morning

Comment

ya but before the dead period the forum was quiet and i figured things would start to blow up this morning
            relax my friend we will be hearing something in the next week

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                Yes.
                Doc is so elequent when he makes a point. And best of all, he is never wrong on his points.

Comment

At the very end of the season there was quite a flurry of recruiting info here. The reason is because uncommitted players were scheduling visits and being contacted by the recruiting services (Scout and Rivals). Those services put up new stories about what players are going to visit what schools and that info eventually made it here. So for that past 3-4 weeks, players have been taking their visits in preparation to make a decision by April 15. Combine that with the dead period and you have 2-3 weeks of information vacuum.

It's nothing to be concerned about. Players will be deciding over the next 1-4 weeks and the recruiting services will have difficulty keeping up. That means we may not know much until it comes from the athletic department.

Comment

If it's ok with all of you, I'm going to go ahead and worry anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                      If it's ok with all of you, I'm going to go ahead and worry anyway.
                      Do you want us to send Guido over there? Do you like your knees functional? Quit worrying.

(Ok, you can worry, but just a little!)

:D

Comment

Was anyone not paying attention last year? Did anyone see the players that Coach Marshall got together on SHORT SHORT notice?

Yeah, Mantas came on slowly, but Clemente was a stud. Ellis was a FR, and really needed a RS, but that last game he was a beast!

At this point in time, we still have only 1 Scholly available, Orupke still working on getting here, and 4 very good recruits.

I think Coaches are going after those 1 or 2 impact players for this year. Dont look for lots of visits, just the players we want here.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                          Was anyone not paying attention last year? Did anyone see the players that Coach Marshall got together on SHORT SHORT notice?

Yeah, Mantas came on slowly, but Clemente was a stud. Ellis was a FR, and really needed a RS, but that last game he was a beast!

At this point in time, we still have only 1 Scholly available, Orupke still working on getting here, and 4 very good recruits.

I think Coaches are going after those 1 or 2 impact players for this year. Dont look for lots of visits, just the players we want here.
                          i thought we had 2 schollys available since mekels departure

Comment

nope just one, but there could be more coming

Comment

well.... if we had 0 before mekel left how did twany have an offer from us

Comment

well.... if we had 0 before mekel left how did twany have an offer from us
                                correct me if im wrong Shockernet recruiting guru's but when they offer a schollie to a kid, its just a pending offer. They usually offer a schollie to several kids, knowing that not everyone is gonna accept it. they just need their schollie numbers to be right when fall semester comes.

Comment

Working...
                                X