No announcement yet.

Grant Sherfield 6'2 G 2019 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK Cold I get it. You don't like short guards that have a height of 6 to 6 2. Maybe you think they can't play in this league. (AAC) But I don't share your opinion. And let's not forget that Coach recruited our three guards knowing what their height was. Apparently 3G thinks they can play in this league. TE has a body already made for Div 1 and coach said Fernandez has a grit/ mojo and makes winning plays. NF is a true point guard and GS and TE are combo guards. Time will answer this question for all of us. Go shocks.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      "coach said Fernandez has a grit/ mojo and makes winning plays."

Sounds like the exact same description for Torres. This year we had nearly 50% of our freshmen crap out. HCGM is a solid recruiter and great motivator. He's not God. One or two of these little guys he's bringing in will probably not pan out either. That's just the way it is.

I knew almost instantly that Torres was going to have problems because of his size. I have no idea what Marshall was thinking on him. Might have just been a filler/flyer.

T

...:cool:

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll take Alex Lomax for $500.

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm perfectly happy that little man ended up where he did.

T

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    I can see where Cold is coming from, but at the same time, we had PG Shamet at 6'5" and he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire with his defense. He also played out of position here. Imagine if we would've had a really quick 6 foot PG that could drive and dish to him on the wing.
    You are the only one. No one else agrees.

Comment

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      You sure do like to sling some crap on this board. You are a moron and i’m sure many on here agree

• ShockerFever
      ShockerFever commented
      Editing a comment
      Shockm is one of the more clueless loons on the board. He sure thinks he knows everything though, which makes him all the more funnier.

• I frankly don't give a crap what Cold believes. It's a message board for goodness sakes.
    Professional gas passer.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
      I frankly don't give a crap what Cold believes. It's a message board for goodness sakes.
      Two words.....Casey Crawford

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        6'9" with a BCS profile; had hops, was highly mobile, and a threat from deep. Nabs a B12 scholly, transfers, then nabs an ACC scholly. Had he played for us he would have been all-MVC.

P.S. Slight attitude problem. I'd have liked to see what Marshall could have done with him.

T

• NCAABound
        NCAABound commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought it was the other way around. His Wiki page (which sounds like he wrote) states he signed with WF after high school.

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe so. It was a looooong time ago.

Sweet prospect. I was IN LOVE!

T

• I'm beyond excited about the Sherfield signing but I do understand how someone could watch all his highlights and not be absolutely enamored.

At this time last year, everyone was pumped about Chance Moore and ES but DD, JB and JE were VERY under the radar due to lack of stars...and we all know how that has turned out so far.

Sherfield looks like a high level competitor with average athleticism/size and a good j (that will hopefully translate). The average size and athleticism might not be a problem if he has a high motor on both ends and high bbiq.. But he doesn't jump off the screen as an absolute stud the way Landry did.

I hope he turns out to be a monster. Id just caution against penciling him into the starting lineup next year. Until these guys get on campus and start competing, it's tough to tell and relying on the number of stars to form an opinion is fool's gold.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        I knew Jaime was the shiz the moment I saw him play summer ball. Ron Baker was totally under the radar for me. All I had to go on was Doc's love letters.

FVV's size bothered me as well when he signed but I was just so happy to see his recruiting ranking next to our school's name I kept quiet.

T

• ShockerFever
        ShockerFever commented
        Editing a comment
        JE will likely never play a second in the NBA, even with all of that stretchy height.

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        I might take that bet... Marshall too! Put us both down for a hunny.

T

• I remember Notre Dame guard Demetrius Jackson 6'1", Miami U guard Angel Rodriguez 5'11", each leading their team in scoring and the reason they knocked WSU out of the NCAA tournament. This ain't the NBA, shorter guards can be very effective.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        Google: survivorship bias

Yes, short basketball players can win, but tall basketball players win more.

With all of Fred's talent/skill/brains/composure, why on earth was he not drafted?

T

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
      I don't like short guards. Hopefully Sherfield doesn't suffer from the same case of height inflation that Stevenson did. Stevenson was listed as 6'3 (still is) and he's lucky to be 6'1.5" in shoes. If this guy is listed at 6'2"... :/

We now have a ton of guards well under 6'3".

Just like Marshall saying you're down 7 on the road; a guard in a top 40 program that's under 6'3" is at a significant disadvantage right out of the gate. Most will have to alter their shot moving from high school to college. Ask Frankamp how well the transition worked out for him.

T

Cold, this rant looks like a page stolen out of Todd Butler’s Recruiting 101 book.

That book is currently supplying fuel for fires for homeless people on cold nights in the park.

Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• You guys should pay attention to my opinion above (and all future opinions) . I made it all the way to the JV level at a 6A school...so I know what I'm talking about

Comment

• 3G description of Fernandez sounds more like the description of Fred VanVleet than it does Torres. By the way RT height was 6 2 and two inches taller than both Fred and Fernandes. So a person height is not the defining factor. Go shocks. Time will tell.

Comment

• pinstripers
            pinstripers commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't think he was 6'2"

• C0|dB|00ded
            C0|dB|00ded commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL!

And Erik Stevenson is 6'3!

T

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Cold, this rant looks like a page stolen out of Todd Butler’s Recruiting 101 book.

That book is currently supplying fuel for fires for homeless people on cold nights in the park.
          I'm starting to wonder if I'm arguing with a bunch of short guys... :highly_amused::poster_eo:

T

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
            C0|dB|00ded commented
            Editing a comment
            P.S. I saw E.O. in Dillon's the other day. Still sexy as hell! What a shame his mama raised him to play soccer (soccer lol). That's an NBA player walking around Wichita right there. An NBA player minus the skill. :*(

T

• Time for you guys to take up RT height and weight with Kerr Rosenboom. He is listed at 6 2 189. I see no reason for KR to get it wrong.

​​​​​​

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
            C0|dB|00ded commented
            Editing a comment
            Well I know my height exactly and I will give you one million dollars if Eric Stevenson is 6'3. I'm guessing Stevenson is 6'1" barefoot and Torres is 6'. Add an inch when wearing basketball shoes.

P.S. Torres could be the same height as Stevenson and it's just an optical illusion due to his tiny frame. I haven't stood really close to Torres. He just looked TINY on the court next to Stevenson who was surprisingly short.

T

• I hope I'm wrong... But Fernandes might be the one that might be trans.... Next year

Comment

• pie n eye
            pie n eye commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol never too early for you to start predicting the transfers.

• Originally posted by choida View Post
          I hope I'm wrong... But Fernandes might be the one that might be trans.... Next year
          I don't think we should speculate about incoming recruits' gender orientation.

For real though... Fernandes is my dark horse candidate to dramatically over produce relative to his incoming ratings.

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
            I hope I'm wrong... But Fernandes might be the one that might be trans.... Next year
            Yeap. That could happen. The shocks got a lot of good players. Playing time is what these guys want. But I prefer to wait and see what they do before rushing to judgement on predicting their performance. Div 1 basketball is a major adjustment from highschool. ( ps I assume you meant transfer to another school )

Comment

• choida
              choida commented
              Editing a comment
              Don't wanna break the internet or hurt anyone's feelings.. Just what I was thinking

• Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
            I'm beyond excited about the Sherfield signing but I do understand how someone could watch all his highlights and not be absolutely enamored.

At this time last year, everyone was pumped about Chance Moore and ES but DD, JB and JE were VERY under the radar due to lack of stars...and we all know how that has turned out so far.

Sherfield looks like a high level competitor with average athleticism/size and a good j (that will hopefully translate). The average size and athleticism might not be a problem if he has a high motor on both ends and high bbiq.. But he doesn't jump off the screen as an absolute stud the way Landry did.

I hope he turns out to be a monster. Id just caution against penciling him into the starting lineup next year. Until these guys get on campus and start competing, it's tough to tell and relying on the number of stars to form an opinion is fool's gold.
            Don’t know if you’ve see this video. Go 2.5 minutes in and watch this one game. Kid can really handle the ball and has great strength and body control.

The good video starts around 6 minutes in.

Last edited by wufan; April 18, 2019, 10:18 PM.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              Video?
          Working...
          X