• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can he take an official visit at MSG?

Asking for a friend.
    The Assman

Comment

Why, ST -- is he also considering Indiana? Let's get there first.

Comment

According to an article on Minnesota University recruiting’ Grant will be taking an official with us next week. Kyle L. Is the lead recruiter for them which makes this tussle more interesting. Did not mention much about other colleges in line for his commitment.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
          WSUwatcher commented
          Editing a comment
          It would be logical that Lindsted would be recruiting him for Minnesota as they try to take advantage of the existing relationship.

I heard somewhere that kyle L placed him at sunrise

Comment

When’s the official visit?!?!?!
          The Assman

Comment

Soon (next two weeks) but lots of other schools starting to poke around in the fight.

Remember we don’t have a scholarship to give yet...

Comment

• Shock Top
              Shock Top commented
              Editing a comment
              One would clear up quickly though.

• WSUwatcher
              WSUwatcher commented
              Editing a comment
              Actually, they can give as many as they want, lax, because no one who signs now will actually be on scholarship until after this school year is over -- they just have to be down to 13 by the beginning of next school year.

• Bluzrover
              Bluzrover commented
              Editing a comment
              Not that I'm wishing for it, but I suspect if we have any potential transfers out of the program we will be hearing about them sooner rather than later.

Trying to not get my hopes up. I'm glad he has shown interest in playing at WSU, but I bet he lands at MN based on his relationship with Lindsted.

Comment

Grant and Sunrise's season ended this afternoon at the GEICO Nationals.

FWIW

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                When’s the official visit?!?!?!
                The article on 247 sports said he would be visiting this week. it was an article on Minnesota recruiting if you want to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                  Trying to not get my hopes up. I'm glad he has shown interest in playing at WSU, but I bet he lands at MN based on his relationship with Lindsted.
                  The final visit may be a reason for increased optimism but not always.

Comment

Nothing is promised... It's whatever the student athlete wants to do any pursue his or her collegiate and athletic goals.

Comment

I’ve gotten less enthused about Sheffield. When I watch his tapes, I see a less athletic version of Etienne. He doesn’t have great hops and looks a little slow footed. If he was a dead eye three point shooter, it would be a different story, but he’s not. If we’re gonna bring in another guy, I think we need to shore up weaknesses, which is reliable three point shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        I’ve gotten less enthused about Sheffield. When I watch his tapes, I see a less athletic version of Etienne. He doesn’t have great hops and looks a little slow footed. If he was a dead eye three point shooter, it would be a different story, but he’s not. If we’re gonna bring in another guy, I think we need to shore up weaknesses, which is reliable three point shooting.
                        He reminds me a lot of BJ Taylor. I would take a BJ Taylor in a heartbeat.

Comment

• pinstripers
                          pinstripers commented
                          Editing a comment
                          much kinder response than mine would have been

• choida
                          choida commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Agreed... Would definitely take a BJ.

• Shockm
                          Shockm commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It’s difficult to find HS players who shoot more than 35% from 3. Their percentage usually increases in college.

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        For a true 18 year old, he has a high B.B. IQ, has the athletic ability and upper body strength to get to the rim, has played and is the top scorer for a Top 10 B.B. team with other star players (both 4* and 5 * players), and I predict his current high school 35% from 3 will increase to 40% in college. If you don’t think he’s a serious upgrade for our team .................................................. ...................

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post

He reminds me a lot of BJ Taylor. I would take a BJ Taylor in a heartbeat.
                          Good comparison, I just wonder if that's what we need?

Comment

• Shockm
                            Shockm commented
                            Editing a comment
                            BJs an All AAC player. I would question if we have that type of player already on the roster.

• Dan
                            Dan commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Who's to say he ends up like BJ Taylor? that's a big leap. He has a similar build and playing style, that's all
                        Working...
                        X