Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

For a "true 18 year old"...
    Is that as opposed to a redshirt 18 year old, Shockm?

Seriously, I'd like to see him in Shocker colors next year, too. And I do think he'd be an upgrade.

Comment

• Shockm
      Shockm commented
      Editing a comment
      No. It was a reference to the fact he isn’t taking a 5th year of high school or prep school as so many players are who aren’t highly recruited as. High school Senior. Those players obviously have a physical advantage over true Seniors as Grat is.

He isn’t a true senior he got held back a year when they moved from Wichita to Texas had they not held him back he would have graduated last year
    ShockerNut 2305

Comment

Comment

• shocks02
        shocks02 commented
        Editing a comment
        you are quick on the trigger, 65.

• wichshock65
        wichshock65 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol. Between the two of us, we've got it covered.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post

I thought that WSU, Minnesota, and Purdue were the finalists last week. In any event, I doubt that Wake Forest is a real finalist. Usually the last visit is a positive, and I hope that holds true in this case. Our guard cadre would be able to compete with any team imo.

Comment

• choida
          choida commented
          Editing a comment
          Buncha guards...4 bigs in the stable...Gordon Teddy Dexter in their own category... shaping up to be a nice summer

Going last and right in the mix... commence giddiness

Comment

A commitment from Sherfield would warm the soul
          The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

Grant Sherfield is a 6-2, 180-pound Shooting Guard from Arlington, TX.

Interesting that our old buddy Lindsted is after Sherfield, a Sunrise recruit.

Not surprising just interesting.

Comment

Gopher fans are already adding Sherfield to their roster for next season.

Comment

• choida
                choida commented
                Editing a comment
                Why?

• shocks02
                shocks02 commented
                Editing a comment
                Because UCLA and Minnesota "really aren't all that different." And they believe Lindsted will deliver the goods.

• Last year, Marshall was a closer in Spring recruitment.

Hopefully, it’s a new year but the same results.
              The Assman

Comment

• I'm feeling good about this one now that we have a scholarship open. Sherfield has been here before for multiple games and an unofficial and he's still taking an official.

Comment

• I think that a lot of people are losing sight of how good of a basketball player Grant Sherfield can be and he is a great person too with high character. The offense that we played for the NIT is perfect for Grant and Tyson. The pick and roll with two guards who can play it at the same time is perfect for both of these guys playing together. They have numerous options off of the pick and roll, they are smart, they can drive to the hole, they are both good passers, and if the guard tries to go under the pick, they both can strike with a 21-22' jump shot from 3. With all due respect to Jemarious, this is his biggest failing. He can handle the other parts of the pick and roll but the defense can go under the pick with him handling the ball.

Another thing to remember is that at Crowley High School (a large school) in Fort Worth, Grant averaged 24 points a game. At Sunrise, his offensive average has gone down to just under 16 points a game (the wealth is spread around because of the number of Div. 1 Basketball players at SCA). However, GS has continued to play his usual high IQ game with multiple skills and at 6'2", he is a TRUE COMBO guard. This guy is as good as we have recruited and with his multiple skills, I'm excited about what he will bring to the table.

This is part of Taylor Eldridge's articles earlier this sping/winter,
                  Sherfield has a history of filling up the basket. In Texas, at North Crowley, Sherfield broke the program’s all-time record for three-pointers in a season (132) and a game (nine) last season. Now he’s leading Sunrise, a team stocked with Division I talent, in scoring at 15.7 points, including 38-percent accuracy on threes, to go along with 3.4 rebounds and 2.5 assists per game.

“What’s so great about Grant is that he’s great with or without the ball,” Sunrise coach Luke Barnwell said. “He can play the pick-and-roll game or he can catch outside of the pick-and-roll or on the roll-up on the throw-behind. He’s got the feel, he’s got the touch, he’s got the IQ and he just knows how to play the game.”

That feel has made Sherfield particularly deadly on pick-and-rolls, which is why nearly every college, including WSU, envisions Sherfield running the offense. He is an above-average shooter with deceptive quickness and a strong foundation that allows him to finish at the rim.

It appears Marshall is trying to stockpile as many offensive weapons at the point of attack as possible for next season, as WSU already has a pair of guards signed in its 2019 recruiting class in four-star combo guard Tyson Etienne and three-star point guard Noah Fernandes. Sherfield would give the Shockers another scoring punch.

“He can score it in his sleep,” Antione Sherfield said. “I think his playmaking ability has been overshadowed by his scoring, though. He has the ability to make others around him better with his passing, too.”

Regardless of where Grant Sherfield decides to go to college, he said his return to the Wichita area this season has been fun.

He grew up playing on the same summer teams as former Southeast standouts Jerrick Harding and Israel Barnes. He attended school at Coleman Middle School and played pick-up games at the North YMCA. It’s been refreshing to return to the place where he has so many childhood memories.

“It was really nice to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with all of my family,” Sherfield said. “That’s the first time that’s happened in five or six years.”

Sherfield could be the next Wichita guard to star for the Shockers after Conner Frankamp and Samajae Haynes-Jones stayed home and had successful stints.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                    I think that a lot of people are losing sight of how good of a basketball player Grant Sherfield can be...
                    Some of your recent posts sound like you live in an alternate, parallel universe.

Who has lost sight of GS being a stud? What are you even talking about? There’s like one post in this entire thread where someone slightly questioned his skills and literally like 100 other posts fawning over him. And you already responded to that one poster.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Some of your recent posts sound like you live in an alternate, parallel universe.

Who has lost sight of GS being a stud? What are you even talking about? There’s like one post in this entire thread where someone slightly questioned his skills and literally like 100 other posts fawning over him. And you already responded to that one poster.
                      There have been multiple posts that he isn’t that good, that we need this guy more, etc. Maybe you are the one not paying attention or probably this didn’t pertain to you so you should ignore it. Who are you? The SNet police?

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                        WSUwatcher commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Come on, Shockm -- You know that I'M the thread police guy. Plus, I agree with you on Sherfield: get him on board. (And Trey Wade too!)

• Well, at the very least, our weather kicks the crap out of Minneapolis this week. Sheesh. It sucks up there.

Comment

Working...
                      X