Grant Sherfield 6'2 G 2019 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjl View Post
    So, I can't remember how this has gone in the past when we are full on scholarships. Say he wants to sign with WSU. Is that announcement made after one of our current players announces they are transferring away, or is there a period in time where, on paper, we are over on scholarships?
    I don't think it's an issue. At least not until school begins. Lots of potential reasons why a kid might not enter school

Comment

He can commit verbally even if we are over...

Comment

“Most of my family is still here and I’ve always been a Wichita State fan,” Sherfield told The Eagle. “From Malcolm Armstead to Joe Ragland to Fred VanVleet. I think it would be great to play in front of the hometown fans.”
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• pinstripers
          pinstripers commented
          Editing a comment
          sounds like we view him as a point?

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Or perhaps he views himself as a point.

I want Sheffield but I feel like we have one too many guards in this class if we add him. With Burton coming on and looking like he can handle the point, I feel like we really need a guy that can play the 3-4, like another Dexter Dennis type.

Comment

You can never have enough dudes who can handle the rock... Aren't we short handed this year...

Comment

This could be good on so many levels. Local kid. Great talent. Bucket getting playmaker. We need another one of those even with next year's class. Wouldn't be surprised if we lose three more players this year, including a guard. We can still go after a 3/4 and perhaps even a post if he is a good enough talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              I want Sheffield but I feel like we have one too many guards in this class if we add him. With Burton coming on and looking like he can handle the point, I feel like we really need a guy that can play the 3-4, like another Dexter Dennis type.
              If you can get a 4-star guy, you TAKE the fudging 4-star guy. I can think of 5 scholarship guys on our team I’d happily trade for this kid. Hell, I’d likely trade 3 for him.

Comment

If he wants to be a Shocker, it’s going to happen.
                The Assman

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                  WSUwatcher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As well it should, ST.

And, rjl, if Sherfield were to sign in April, the accounting wouldn't have to happen until next school year (at which point the 13 scholarship players for 2019-20 will be identified), although history tells us that in practice it would probably happen much sooner.

Is anyone able to read this rivals article? Also, does anyone know if Sherfield is still going to Wale Forrest this weekend?

Comment

Hope WSU hosts a NIT game. That would be a great time for GS’s official visit.
                  The Assman

Comment

Danny Manning has reportedly been let go at Wake Forest. Should narrow it down to WSU or Minnesota unless more visits are coming.

Comment

• Shock Top
                    Shock Top commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Home is where the heart is

• pinstripers
                    pinstripers commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Still no Manning news

• Stickboy46
                    Stickboy46 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It might be in the works but it's not official yet.

If Sherfield can hit 35% of his 3's as a D1 Fr, we need him. We only have one proven maker from 3. The way the game is played now, a perimeter facilitator who doesn't shoot from 3 is the only non-maker from 3 that can be afforded on a team.

Of the three perimeter players, two need to be able to stroke from 3 and two need to be able to drive to the hoop. I don't believe we have that on the current roster.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                    Danny Manning has reportedly been let go at Wake Forest. Should narrow it down to WSU or Minnesota unless more visits are coming.
                    They announced they are retaining Danny Manning this year. If I was a recruit, you'd still have to have doubts whether he would be there throughout your career. Signs point to no as they likely just couldn't afford the buyout right now.

Comment

I really like this player. Hope he comes to WSU. We can use him.

Comment

We won't here signing news until after first week of April

Comment

Working...
                        X