Samajae Haynes-Jones guard - SIGNED NLI - Officially a SHOCKER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    I believe they were playing without their starting PG for the first time.
    "HCC starting point guard James “Papi” Conley missed Saturday’s game with a concussion he suffered against Pratt on Wednesday. Eck elected to start back up point guard Devonte Bandoo, who is more than capable filling in for Conley."

Am I safe in saying that we recruited 6' SHJ as more of a SG, maybe combo guard? I know Hutch greatly values his offense, but a good juco point should be able to score well. I know I've been down this road before, and just as then, it's just for discussion. Maybe Bandoo is actually playing more SG, while SHJ is playing the point, but the Pratt game didn't indicate that as Bandoo had 5 assists and 0 TOs that game with Conley leaving the game after 9 minutes.

Comment

• The recent reports, the stats, and some observer comments lead me to believe we have picked up a 5'11" SG.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        The recent reports, the stats, and some observer comments lead me to believe we have picked up a 5'11" SG.
        His Assist to TO margin certainly doesn't bode well if we expect him to come in and run the point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
          His Assist to TO margin certainly doesn't bode well if we expect him to come in and run the point.
          He can play some point but Landry appears to be our point guard of the future at the present time. He works well for SHJ because SHJ may be able to guard the point guard on defense and play either one on offense. Conner, Austin, and Daishon all can play the point guard too.

Comment

• SHJ is one of our more questionable pickups IMO. I guess 3G and the coaching staff MAY have a better eye for recruiting than me though

Comment

• FVV played PG and SG - Especially when Malcom was here. Sometimes he would play PG on one possession and SG on the next.

Comment

• #6 Hutch (21-1) bounced back last night to defeat Neosho (7-15) 101-71.

SHJ in 28 minutes: 23 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists/0 turnovers, and 3 steals. 9-15 FGA, 5-10 3FG.

Comment

• #6 Hutch (22-1) defeated Colby CC (10-13) 102-92 on Saturday night.

SHJ in 35 minutes: 21 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists/0 turnovers, and 4 steals. 8-12 FGA, 1-4 3FG, 4-5 FT.

Comment

• For the season:
                    Yr So
                    Pos G
                    gp 23
                    gs 23
                    min/g 31.2
                    fg/g 5.7-11.8
                    pct 48.3
                    3pt/g 2.2-5.0
                    pct 44.3
                    ft/g 3.3-3.6
                    pct 92.7
                    ppg 16.9
                    gp 23
                    gs 23
                    mpg 31.2
                    off/g 0.5
                    def/g 2.7
                    reb/g 3.2
                    pf/g 1.2
                    dq/g 0
                    ast/g 2.8
                    to/g 1.1
                    a/to 2.6
                    stl/g 1.6
                    blk/g 0.1
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Do they coach defense at all in juco?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
                        Do they coach defense at all in juco?
                        Is 1.6 stl/g bad?
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Do they coach defense at all in juco?
                          I'm pretty sure Eck does.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                            Is 1.6 stl/g bad?
                            I was talking about the amount the overall scores of the games not SHJs defense specifically

Comment

I was talking about the amount the overall scores of the games not SHJs defense specifically
                              Juco is such a unique level of basketball. You have about 3-4, D-1 level players playing with D-2 and NAIA players that it can create mismatches at times. Most coaches want to push the pace and also the game flows a lot better because there are generally no media timeouts. That and yes the overall team defense isn't as good.

Comment

• The top 30 juco scoring teams average 6.23 more points per game than the top 30 Div 1 teams.
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X