X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other than teddy none of these guys had more experience than poor bear

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
      No doubt already posted, but https://youtu.be/XH1SVWJ0oLo.

And this kid will be FUN to have here for two years!
      He reminds me a lot of Rod Brown. Hopefully he’s better than that.

Comment

• Shock Top
        Shock Top commented
        Editing a comment
        In body composition only.

DG is a much more fluid athlete with better basketball skills.

• pinstripers
        pinstripers commented
        Editing a comment
        4" taller

• ShockingButTrue
        ShockingButTrue commented
        Editing a comment
        It's hard to gauge from the level of comp. he's playing against.

R. Brown looked pretty explosive in his high school clips.

• Gordon has some range, which we’ve seen from a 4 in players like McDuffie, Early, and even Eric Hamilton. Gordon’s got some spring like Rod Brown showed in high school, but the one thing that DG has that these other guys didn’t is handles! Dude can lead the break and break defenders down to get his own shot or get to the rim. Kid goes between his legs and behind his back with purpose and skill.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• If he can handle it well against D-1 players he can play the 2,3 and 4

Comment

• Dan
          Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          I think his position will also depend on who he can defend

• wufan
          wufan commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with Dan. He’s a 4 unless IPBC can play the 4 and we grab another 6-7+ athletic shooter. At that point he might be a 3.

• Comment

• 1979Shocker
          1979Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          He looks like a better dribbler than some of the guard we had this year.

• DeAntoni will be quite good here at Wichita State.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• choida
          choida commented
          Editing a comment
          If two of three freshmen can contribute... We will be top 3 ACC and in the mix for an at large...book it

• Dan
          Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          He's more Cle Early and less Markis McDuffie

• So surprised that this young man was not recruited harder by some bigger schools around the country. From the first highlight observed of him on this site two years ago, I have been impressed with his athletic ability and desire to rebound and attack people with authority. He is an athlete that has a nose for the ball and a little mean streak to dunk on opponents. Looks very bouncy with a quick jump while getting off the floor (Xavier McDaniel like).

Admit that R. Brown showed some similar attributes coming out ( I have not given up on him), but Gordon is taller, dribbles better, and has better shooting form than he did in high school. Very excited he is coming to play for the Shocker program. Has a little more accolades to come along with him for his efforts this season. Congratulations to him, and a thanks to Coach Brown for finding him on our behalf.

Comment

• WstateU
          WstateU commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't underestimate the 'power' of the AAC... we can now recruit 'toe-to-toe' with anyone not seeking under-the-table cash.

• This kid reminds me of a young Buck Williams.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
          This kid reminds me of a young Buck Williams.
          You are dating yourself there!

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
            ShockingButTrue commented
            Editing a comment
            For sure.

L. Dreisell was the original can't win the big one coach as far as I can recall. Wasn't he?

• Originally posted by homegrownshocker View Post
          So surprised that this young man was not recruited harder by some bigger schools around the country. From the first highlight observed of him on this site two years ago, I have been impressed with his athletic ability and desire to rebound and attack people with authority. He is an athlete that has a nose for the ball and a little mean streak to dunk on opponents. Looks very bouncy with a quick jump while getting off the floor (Xavier McDaniel like).

Admit that R. Brown showed some similar attributes coming out ( I have not given up on him), but Gordon is taller, dribbles better, and has better shooting form than he did in high school. Very excited he is coming to play for the Shocker program. Has a little more accolades to come along with him for his efforts this season. Congratulations to him, and a thanks to Coach Brown for finding him on our behalf.
          DG impresses me with his ability to handle the ball from coast to coast, make a spin move if needed, and finish with 2 points. I look for this young man to have a great shot at entering our rotation and finding his niche to help our team win. In time, I hope his 3-point shot improves which will make him all the more difficult for our foes to defend. No doubt from my vantage point that DG will strive and do the hard work required in the Marshall Plan and develop into a Shocker to remember.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Gordon did average 35% from three this year, so it isn’t like he can’t shoot from deep.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• 1972Shocker
              1972Shocker commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, but you never know if that translates to D-1 especially early on. See Ricky Torres and Erik Stevenson.

• Let's keep it simple. I just hope he shows up at 6'8'' and not like 6'5" or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
              Hilarious on the spin to the goal at the end. May as well let the fans wander around on the court during the game. Ha! Too funny.

Comment

• I try not to get too excited about highlight clips or Fr, but I may make an exception for Gordon.

His 3FG% could translate to D1 better than perimeter guys. At 6'8", it's going to take a big defender to alter his shot. The 6'1" and 6'3" guys run into defenders their own size (or bigger) in D1 and it messes them up. Gordon appears to have the handles and skills to play SF and the body to play PF.

Early had FVV and FVV made everyone else on the court a better player. If Fernandez can run a screening offense and have Gordon waiting for dishes and Dennis and Etienne waiting for kickouts,...

...In that case I would be much more optimistic than I tend to be. And that's not even including Allen in the mix.

I'm pretty stoked about the Fr/So class we'll have next year.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  I try not to get too excited about highlight clips or Fr, but I may make an exception for Gordon.

His 3FG% could translate to D1 better than perimeter guys. At 6'8", it's going to take a big defender to alter his shot. The 6'1" and 6'3" guys run into defenders their own size (or bigger) in D1 and it messes them up. Gordon appears to have the handles and skills to play SF and the body to play PF.

I'm pretty stoked about the Fr/So class we'll have next year.
                  I question how much of a difference height makes when it comes to 3 point accuracy. Not saying it doesn’t but I think you may be overstating it or I’m misunderstanding.

Sure, from time to time it is beneficial to be able to shoot over guys but how many shots do you see get blocked at the three point line? Some, but not many.

Our problem this year, IMO, wasn’t that we were getting too many shots blocked or altered at the three point line it was that we weren’t hitting a high percentage of open or semi-guarded looks.

I’m with you, excited about the Fr/So class.

Comment

Working...
                  X