No announcement yet.

Steven Solomon - PG/SG - 6'2" - 195lbs - 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a local article on his signing....

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Here's a local article on his signing....

http://wvmetronews.com/2016/05/02/mo...wichita-state/
      Scholarship for the summer, and with a hatch-like work ethic he could snag some pt other than mop up.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
        Scholarship for the summer, and with a hatch-like work ethic he could snag some pt other than mop up.
        I assume that means that one of the scholarship players won't be taking classes this summer.

Comment

Based on comments he makes in these various articles, he sure does seem to think he is going to get playing time. He seems very confident for a guy that didn't have a single D1 scholarship offer. Should be a good experience for him and the others as they compete for minutes left by Ron and Fred.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
            I assume that means that one of the scholarship players won't be taking classes this summer.
            Or that if he is, his scholarship won't start until the fall. I can think of a likely candidate for that role.

Also thought it was interesting that there's apparently a D-II Mountain East Conference. So we have the MEC and MWC, just in different divisions in different parts of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Based on comments he makes in these various articles, he sure does seem to think he is going to get playing time. He seems very confident for a guy that didn't have a single D1 scholarship offer. Should be a good experience for him and the others as they compete for minutes left by Ron and Fred.
              Maybe he is good enough but no one recruits West Virginia?

Comment

Ty Taylor's ship.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Gotta like the young man's confidence. Ain't nuttin' wrong with dat!
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                    Ty Taylor's ship.
                    In that scenario, Austin Reaves would be the one not taking summer classes?

Comment

In that scenario, Austin Reaves would be the one not taking summer classes?
                      It's possible one of the JC guys needs a credit or two to complete their Associates Degree and obtain eligibility.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

If a guy like Austin is destined for a redshirt, summer classes before the first year becomes a lot less necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                          Ty Taylor's ship.
                          Frankamp or Allen might not get their scholarship until fall.

Comment

Comment

Should have it's own thread. Nothing to do with Steven Solomon.

And now it does.
                              Last edited by ShockdaWorld; May 13, 2016, 08:31 AM.
                              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                                Should have it's own thread. Nothing to do with Steven Solomon.

And now it does.
                                You're welcome

Comment

Working...
                                X