Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steven Solomon - PG/SG - 6'2" - 195lbs - 2016

Schneider -Big Shots ‏@BigShotsNation 8h8 hours ago
    Wichita State offers #BigShotsElite /Morgantown(WV) 2016 G Steven Solomon preferred walk-on spot

Last edited by DPruett2333; May 3, 2016, 11:28 PM.

Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
    Schneider -Big Shots ‏@BigShotsNation 8h8 hours ago
    Wichita State offers #BigShotsElite /Morgantown(WV) 2016 G Steven Solomon preferred walk-on spot

http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/news...ogantown-hs-wv
    what is a preferred walk on spot?
    like next in line to get a scholarship?

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
      what is a preferred walk on spot?
      like next in line to get a scholarship?
      I don't think it usually comes with expectation of a scholarship, but it means that you aren't auditioning for a walk-on spot, so you have a roster spot promised to you even though you don't have a scholarship.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

All of our walk-ons are preferred walk-ons. They are recruited to be walk-ons. 3G doesn't let guys just show up and try out.

Comment

"Steven Solomon, unsigned senior will b visiting Wichita State Sat. He has been outstanding for one of the nations best teams.BIG SHOTS ELITE"

Comment

Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
            "Steven Solomon, unsigned senior will b visiting Wichita State Sat. He has been outstanding for one of the nations best teams.BIG SHOTS ELITE"
            Spike and Steven should both come down Saturday... Winner joins team

Comment

Looking good for this to happen.

Comment

Steven is open to the idea of prep school, which is a major plus as he has been at a disadvantage with limited years of AAU and exposure in WV.

Here are some highlight videos ranging from a few seconds each to 25 minutes. I believe Solomon is #3.

You might want to skip the ones that are a few seconds because the commercials are longer than the highlights.

Comment

“If everything goes well, I’ll probably end up committing on my visit,” he said. “I’m very serious (about WSU). I’m looking for a good relationship with the coaches, where I pretty much feel at home. Somewhere I can see myself playing and getting better for the next four years.”

Comment

Decent numbers. 3A is the largest class in WV high school basketball.

He averaged around 18 points, seven rebounds and four assists for Morgantown High, which went 27-0 and won the Class 3A title in March. He scored 20 points in the championship game and earned a spot on the All-Class 3A team. Solomon describes himself as a point guard who can play both positions in the backcourt.

Comment

Must not have gone well since he felt he would leave and commit at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        Must not have gone well since he felt he would leave and commit at the same time.
                        He also said he was leaving today I believe. He may still be in town or has left and we just have not heard one way or the other. He reportedly had a handful of family members with him and they may very well encourage him to take a bit more time to think about his decision.

Comment

He committed

Comment

Twitter official

Comment

Working...
                            X