No announcement yet.

Kenny Manigault - Verballed to Wichita State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenny scored 22 points last night to lead his team into the semi-finals of the state tournament

Comment

• I think he will be a Bryan mullins type player, but longer, faster and more athletic. He will be asked to run the team and polay tough D while we wait for his offense to come along for the last two years.

Comment

• I think he's going to show up wearing blue spandex and a red cape.

Look out Valley....this recruit is super!

Comment

• what does that make toure then? also, when can these lads sign their LOIs for us?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hotel Paper
            what does that make toure then? also, when can these lads sign their LOIs for us?
            Last fall.

Comment

• My guess, and I certainly could be wrong about this, is that KJ's development will more closely resemble that of David than that of Toure. I think he will see limited minutes early as he adjusts to the D1 game, but will show glimpses of the impact player he will be as the year progesses.

In the first place, the development of Kyles is the more normal freshman development anyway, but also, like Kyles, KJ is a freak athlete who gets away with things at the high school level that he won't be able to in college and it will take time to adjust. I don't think you can overestimate what an impact growing up playing against his older brothers had on Toure's development. Most guys don't have that background, and even the one's that do don't always come in as ready as Toure.

The other reason I think he won't get huge minutes next year is that point guard minutes may be a little tough to come by. Obviously Clevin will take up a lot of them, and Toure will take quite a bit as well. Right now Toure doesn't even know the offense from the point position and is taking minutes and Marshall has indicated that once he learns the position he might be better there than at SG. On the other hand, if Toure gives us more minutes at point, Reggie might see time at SG, which I think suits him given his ability to be a spot up shooter, although David could take up an awful lot of the SG minutes.

The good thing is that if KJ comes in and is so good off the bat that he gets big minutes, wonderful, but we have some many options at guard that we won't be depending upon him to be instantly good for our lineups to have punch at the guard spot.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by Capitol Shock
                I think he's going to show up wearing blue spandex and a red cape.
                I'm guessing it will be black spandex and a yellow cape.

Comment

• It is great to see the Mad Hatter on here and I always enjoy his posts. If Kenny M. really plays defense anything like Paul Pressey, than that could also earn him some extra match-up minutes in some games. Coach Marshall likes defensive stoppers in the game during such situations. Toure and Kyles are also improving defensively. I really like our guard mix next Season with added depth and our overall improved experience we will gain.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• wow can you imagine this possible line up on the court next season

PG KJ 6'4
                    SG Toure Murry 6'4
                    SF Johhny Coy 6'8
                    Gabe Blair 6'8
                    Garrett Stutz 7'0

SIZE MATTERS!!!! :clap:
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• In fairness, the "comparisons" I've heard made to Pressey have been made by others with Marshall chiming in that they may have similar builds and games. I know this will fall on deaf ears, but let's not get expectations beyond reach.
                      Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234
                        wow can you imagine this possible line up on the court next season

PG KJ 6'4
                        SG Toure Murry 6'4
                        SF Johhny Coy 6'8
                        Gabe Blair 6'8
                        Garrett Stutz 7'0

Stutz over Durley?

KJ over senior leader Hannah?

I know you are trying to prove a point, I guess it could happen sometime in a game. But, that won't be a starting line-up.

Note that the Valley is not known for monsterous size. More for athleticism and defense.

Comment

• He didn't say starting lineup. But that is a lineup that has potential to cause many problems next year.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxFan963
                            Originally posted by newshock1234
                            wow can you imagine this possible line up on the court next season

PG KJ 6'4
                            SG Toure Murry 6'4
                            SF Johhny Coy 6'8
                            Gabe Blair 6'8
                            Garrett Stutz 7'0

Stutz over Durley?

KJ over senior leader Hannah?

I know you are trying to prove a point, I guess it could happen sometime in a game. But, that won't be a starting line-up.

Note that the Valley is not known for monsterous size. More for athleticism and defense.
                            I never said Starting Lineup, but that could be a line up at times during next season
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• And if you're worried at all about matchups on D that could still make a pretty nasty zone to deal with. That's a lot of length flying around.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• The great thing is that not much height and athleticism would be lost if you replaced three of those guys with 6-3 Klyes, 6-7 Durley, and 6-9 Ellis.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X