No announcement yet.

Isaac Humphries 7'0" 245, 2016 to Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's in the states and goes to school in Indiana.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
      He's in the states and goes to school in Indiana.
      so he isn't graduating? is it that he's going to regular US school, but since he's completed his junior year he could re-classify as an australian and graduate as a junior because he has fulfilled his requirements as an Australian?

Comment

Is there a chance it's simply too late for him to graduate? Since this is the prime time for a lot of high school graduations, is it possible that it's simply too late? Lord, I hope not.

Comment

Everything I've seen says they think they can get him reclassified to this year. I'm not sure how all of that works with an international student that has moved here while still in high school. My HOPE is that they are just waiting for this school year to end, so his transcripts can be turned in for reclassification.
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
            Everything I've seen says they think they can get him reclassified to this year. I'm not sure how all of that works with an international student that has moved here while still in high school. My HOPE is that they are just waiting for this school year to end, so his transcripts can be turned in for reclassification.
            Let's just hope his Australian transcripts aren't routed through Nigeria.

Comment

I would imagine that his transcript from Australia has to be examined for class names and descriptions to make sure that he has indeed taken the core requirements And other requirements to graduate at his school. Names of classes are different and the questions have to center around what he did in 8th grade classes (maybe 9th and 10th grade too) in Austrailia.

Comment

okay, so the australian educational system is looking over his U.S. class stuff to see if he has finished an australian high school equivalent and if so, he can reclassify? im just trying to make sure i am getting it straight.

and IF that works out, he HAS visited here and MIGHT be interested in us being the landing place? what have i missed?

oh and, 3Gv3.3 said we are going to blow the roof off this place. i forgot about that part. im not good at math, but i am smart enough to put 2 and 2 together.

Comment

Probably be the NCAA clearinghouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                    okay, so the australian educational system is looking over his U.S. class stuff to see if he has finished an australian high school equivalent and if so, he can reclassify? im just trying to make sure i am getting it straight.

and IF that works out, he HAS visited here and MIGHT be interested in us being the landing place? what have i missed?
                    The education/transcript stuff is not something I have enough knowledge to expound on beyond what I read just above. One other poster said that he was told if he gets reclassified he quote "would be a Shocker"

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Another thing I forgot to add. HCGM praised Haeir at the golf auction for his work on the recruiting trail. My source told me that one of the assistant coaches "got in good" with Humphries. So all the pieces of the puzzle do seem to match up. Just time to wait now...

Comment

DID FRED VAN VLEET HAVE A BABY WITH GARRETT STUTZ!?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                              DID FRED VAN VLEET HAVE A BABY WITH GARRETT STUTZ!?

So So So wrong!! Unless it means he got Garrett's height and everything else of Fred's. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                                The education/transcript stuff is not something I have enough knowledge to expound on beyond what I read just above. One other poster said that he was told if he gets reclassified he quote "would be a Shocker"
                                Part of what they would look for is to make sure that his 8th grade Math class (whatever the name of the course is) isn't a duplicate of material of another math class that he takes later on in high school in Indiana. Tradiitonally, American schools have called classes Alegebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, etc. But increasingly, school curriculum leaders have tried to make the class apply to the real world where multiple skills and disciplines interact. This makes it more difficult to determine what the student has learned. But whatever, it is called, the curricula should not be duplicated and should build on prior learning.

Comment

Working...
                                X