No announcement yet.

Isaac Humphries 7'0" 245, 2016 to Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I certainly understand why Humphries is being rumored as the mystery recruit on campus a few Sundays ago. It however appears to be stated as fact elsewhere and that's what I'm curious about.
    In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
      I certainly understand why Humphries is being rumored as the mystery recruit on campus a few Sundays ago. It however appears to be stated as fact elsewhere and that's what I'm curious about.
      Everything is hearsay through grapevines, except for the part about him being on campus. That part, I was informed about by someone who would know. There is zero doubt in my mind that he WAS here.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I'm becoming very intrigued.

Comment

Some info below on reclassifying.

A lot of things can change during a prospect’s recruitment, but for a long time one of the givens was the year an athlete would finish high school and start

Comment

If the NCAA has any sort of decision to make regarding reclassifying I am not counting on it being in our favor.

Comment

sunrise?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                sunrise?
                Don't think so, but I guess anything is possible.

Comment

Probably wouldn't be a good idea. Also, I doubt he would want to go to his third different school in three years before college. Lots of moving around. I would expect he just wants to come to Wichita to be a Shocker for a few years. :poster_wu:
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                    Probably wouldn't be a good idea. Also, I doubt he would want to go to his third different school in three years before college. Lots of moving around. I would expect he just wants to come to Wichita to be a Shocker for a few years. :poster_wu:
                    And how much better could it be than to have all the senior leadership of an All American backcourt leading your team?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                      And how much better could it be than to have all the senior leadership of an All American backcourt leading your team?
                      Ohhhhhhhh....you guys are talking about this young lad coming into the program to possibly play this upcoming season. Holy **** Batman!!!
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                        Ohhhhhhhh....you guys are talking about this young lad coming into the program to possibly play this upcoming season. Holy **** Batman!!!
                        That's what is being tossed around, IF he can get reclassified.

Comment

Remember folks high school starts in the 8th grade in most of Australia-for the 10th time (:

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            sunrise?
                            No

Comment

It'd be really nice to have an occassion to open up some Australian wine tonight..

Comment

So let me get this straight.

He IS graduating from high school equivalent right now and is basically done? Meaning, as far as Australia is concerned, he is ready to move on...but because of his age, he translates in the USA to the class of 2016? and he is planning on being here in the states but he is going to go prep somewhere next year instead of college because he is so young?

I am aware that may be all wrong, but i dont follow how he needs to "reclassify" if he is already out of high school as of right now. Why is he a 2016 guy if he is out of high school now? What will he do next year if not play d-1?

Is this whole thing simply a matter of him choosing whether or not he goes prep, d-1, or pro, depending on NCAA requirements?

Comment

Working...
                                X