Available Bigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
    Why should WSU's MVC affiliation be any more of a detriment than (Gonzaga's) membership in the WCC is? They get some name guys; it's just a matter of the right circumstances. Plus, if WSU really wants Grujic from South Kent, mentioned above, who's reportedly visiting Stephen F. Austin -- and I don't know if the Shocks do or not; but if they do -- the MVC is a big step UP in leagues.
    I did not say that Gonzaga had a comparable situation relative to recruiting. In fact, I did not mention any other university name.

I am suggesting that power conferences such as the ACC have an advantage over mid-major conferences such as MVC. Sometimes the advantage is greater than other times.

Given I am talking about the obvious, I wish I had never mentioned the subject.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Big Man Immediately Eligible: Cleveland State 6-8 forward Anton Grady (14.3 ppg, 7.9 rpg) told ESPN he has received his release.

Comment

• “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          Big Man Immediately Eligible: Cleveland State 6-8 forward Anton Grady (14.3 ppg, 7.9 rpg) told ESPN he has received his release.
          According to the article posted, he has earned his degree, so he wouldn't need a release, would he? He apparently has one year to play. Plays with back to the basket and is "NBA ready." Perfect!
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
            According to the article posted, he has earned his degree, so he wouldn't need a release, would he? He apparently has one year to play. Plays with back to the basket and is "NBA ready." Perfect!
            Three knee surgeries.
            In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              Just watched videos of this guy playing and in interviews.
              He could be just what we need. He could be an excellent roommate for Shaquille

Comment

• Sweet lord, please let this be our guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                  Three knee surgeries.
                  He has three knees? I bet the man can jump! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                    Sweet lord, please let this be our guy.
                    A really down to earth, wise kid with perspective who really values the time he gets to play...who has spent years working on his shooting touch, but plays mainly with his back to the basket AND has the stats to back it all up when he does get to play. There is all kinds of senior leadership and class you will get with this guy. I think he could be a really smart "get" because our team is so young. He might be an amazing player for us, but even if not, he might still help turn our young men into amazing players. It's one thing to land a lunker, but I see a lot of potential with getting a guy like this, too. I'm in. Hey, if he gets hurt again, such is life, but if he doesn't, he could really be something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ol skool View Post
                      Just watched videos of this guy playing and in interviews.
                      He could be just what we need. He could be an excellent roommate for Shaquille

I see a lot of Darius Carter in his game, and the offensive movement is familiar as well.

As an All Conference player, and a grown man, he would be plug and play.

I just wonder if his skill set is what we need over having a true rim protector (although he did have 47 blocks and 51 steals).
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

• If we do pick up this one, how will @HenryMuto: feel?

Comment

• Three knee surgeries is worrisome.
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                            He has three knees? I bet the man can jump! :)
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                              Three knee surgeries is worrisome.
                              Agree - his highlights look like he has no "ups" left. Probably a pretty crafty scorer, but we need a guy that can bang down low and play full speed.
                              Last edited by Dan; April 22, 2015, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• The Thing that worries me is his performance against good/decent teams was well .. not great.

Team Points Rebounds Blocks Fouls
                                Louisville 1 4 0 4
                                Virgina 8 3 0 5
                                VCU 5 4 1 4

He had a lot of double doubles against lower level competition (ie what he would face in the MVC for the most part), but didn't exactly shine bright in big games. This could be because of his supporting cast rather than him though.

Comment

Working...
                                X