C.J. Keyser sg 6-4 2016, A Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    They dropped his grade from an 80 to a 79. That's so insignificant I can only assume it was blatant in order to drop him to a 3-star.
    Yep, I noticed that too. Not to mention, I thought ESPN did all their "updates" to players in the 2016 class a couple weeks ago, which drove them to publish their new top 100 for the class. So why the "additional" update after he committed to us?

Comment

Has C.J. appeared on any top 100 or top 150 lists? Not that I care very much just curious--sold on WSU as a defensive stopper in the mold or Cotton is all I need to know!
      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by jrschh View Post
        So why the "additional" update after he committed to us?
        Breach of "Shoe Contract".
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Attached Files
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
            Has C.J. appeared on any top 100 or top 150 lists? Not that I care very much just curious--sold on WSU as a defensive stopper in the mold or Cotton is all I need to know!
            He was an ESPN 4* (top 100 equivalent) until he signed with WSU, at which point he became a 3*. Still top 150 for ESPN. Rivals 3*.
            Livin the dream

Comment

ESPN: "What, he committed to WSU? He surely must not be Top 100 potential anymore!"

Note: Obviously not a direct quote. I feel that should go without saying, but you never know with this board!
              The Assman

Comment

I'm still going to claim him as Gregg Marshall's 6th top 100 recruit...Fred, Conner, Zach, Landry, Markis, CJ. Cleanthony, being the top JUCO, gets honorable mention. I believe Carl Hall, Nick Wiggins, and Darius Carter were all top 10 JUCOs as well.
                Livin the dream

Comment

I hope this young man signs during the early signing period before the "blue bloods" get another season to watch him play and come trying to poach him.
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                    Too soon
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by Triticum View Post
                      Look closely at this video. It is from a national tournament in Kentucky.

There are at least three household names amongst prep stars in this video that CJ abuses. Can you name any or all?

Comment

I've watched CJ play a bunch. He will be a fan favorite.

His offensive game is way underrated because he doesn't have a consistent 3 pt stroke but I've never seen him not be able to get to the basket and his mid range game is fine.

Kind of reminds me of Doyle as well or maybe Wright from Utah.

Comment

Originally posted by Triticum View Post
                          That first block was Bakerish!

Comment

The Maker boys are the only ones I've seen. Who else?
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                              The Maker boys are the only ones I've seen. Who else?
                              Very good-Thon Maker is one, the rest are for you to figure out :)

Comment

I like the comparisons to Cotton on the defensive end of the court. Cotton moved his feet and defended the best of the best foes without much fouling which led us to some needed wins. Cotton was never a great 3-point shooter either but worked hard to improve this area of his game. As a result, Cotton made some big shots in some huge wins for us. Wessel also showed in the win versus KU that hard work pays off and made 4 big 3's and rebounded like a rock-star versus the taller KU 5-stars. Our 3 and 4 star players have work ethics, warrior hearts, and work diligently to improve and find ways to beat teams with higher rated players. CJ will have a great fit here and I am excited to have him soon in a Shocker uniform that our players all wear with pride.
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X