Abdul Herrera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange.

But yeah that does sound like a concern. Especially when we bring in the inconsistancies with the play in the Valley.

Comment

As i was thinking about my previous post (after I posted it, of course) I began to wonder how many of those fouls are on attempts to block a shot. If so, he may get a little more latitude in D1 than what juco refs will allow.

Of course, the exact opposite could be true, as well.

Comment

All I can say is no thanks

Comment

God, I hope Marshall can land this guy!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wushock
            yea too bad your not the head coach, because we can use a guy like this next year
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
              yea THANK GOODNESS you're not the head coach, because we NEED a guy like this next year

fixed

Comment

Have you seen Herrera play?

A yes or no answer will suffice.

Comment

No I haven't seen him play. Hope to see him play at Koch if they make it. I rememver when I said no thanks to Brown, Butler and Hatch and people on this site criiticized me and am wondering what they now think. Besides that they said how good they were in practice and things were really looking up for us now they want to sign a sub on a so so juco team. Last year we signed a First team juco all american and a 3rd team all american and what they have done for us is get us last place. Why do you think K State has backed off on him. Do not we want to be as good as K State someday. We need to set our sites higher if we dont want to finish 5th or below again. It takes good recruiting not leftovers. We need more than a sub center who averages 6 to 8 points on a so-so juco team. Something to mull over

Comment

Last year we signed a First team juco all american and a 3rd team all american and what they have done for us is get us last place.
                    Slow down there doggie.

Mantas barely played half a year before getting hurt. Granted his numbers werent up to what most expected of him but either way blaming him for us being in last is not only stupid but ....

And Ramon has atleast kept us in games all year long.

PPG 6.8 | APG .9 | RPG 7.6
                    Thats pretty good for a undersized PF playing in this league

Comment

I did not bring him up as an all valley type player, I mentioned several time he could be a good role player on a team thats needs one! Shot blocker, rebounder and banger that plays with attitude. I guess we dont need that in MVC play! If he did not play in front of Bowman he would start and still maybe should anyway! I believe he is more DI ready, with his size and speed than is Bowman; however I am not a DI recruiter ! ! I still believe that he is "under the radar"! Everyone has their opinion yours is No, mine is probably a YES!

Comment

No I haven't seen him play. Hope to see him play at Koch if they make it. I rememver when I said no thanks to Brown, Butler and Hatch and people on this site criiticized me and am wondering what they now think. Besides that they said how good they were in practice and things were really looking up for us now they want to sign a sub on a so so juco team. Last year we signed a First team juco all american and a 3rd team all american and what they have done for us is get us last place. Why do you think K State has backed off on him. Do not we want to be as good as K State someday. We need to set our sites higher if we dont want to finish 5th or below again. It takes good recruiting not leftovers. We need more than a sub center who averages 6 to 8 points on a so-so juco team. Something to mull over
                        Thanks for the answer. But you pretty much admitted as to why your opinions here aren't held very high. You look at the list of schools recruiting a player and use it as the primary factor for evaluation. And this isn't the first time you've admitted it.

By your logic, we shouldn't have recruited Randy Burns or Matt Braeuer.

As for Herrera, are you saying Lon Kruger isn't a good evaluator? UNLV is recruiting him, too. Bob Huggins recruited him to Cinci.

It takes good recruiting not leftovers.
                        You can't recruit a team of starters every year. There are only 5 of 13 on any one team. You need players who can provide depth or be a stop-gap until your younger players can develop.

I don't think we need to recruit an all-world center/post. That will only impede the progress of Stutz and Orukpe, IMO. Herrera can provide the depth/stop-gap we need.

Comment

I honestly don't know how much Herrera could contribute for us on the court, but, if nothing else, he is a guy that could help Stutz develop.

Right now, we don't have anyone on the team that Garret can practice against that is anywhere near his height or has the kind of bulk that he will face against other teams. Bringing in a guy that is almost 7 foot and in the 250 lb range gives us someone that can push Garret to develop his game more quickly.

If we can get an even more talented player that can do the same things in practice, I'm all for it, but recruiting a big juco guy that can help Stutz (and hopefully Orukpe) develop is a worthwhile investment of a scholarship for a couple of years.
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

MAD: I totally agree, I did not even think of it that way, but it makes good sense. I still think he could conribute in an interesting way, wich would be gravy going by your assesment. He is just one of those guys that impacts a game and not in the box score, you just simply have to watch him a little, it's hard to expain. Toughness, aggresive moves to the bucket, soft hands, quick feet (for his size), and shot altering deffense! If HCGM and staff think he is worth their time to talk to then I trust them more than my own eyes! A blanket dismissal or aproval is warranted here, but I think he is worth it! Just watch a coule games then judge!

Comment

correction: (ISN'T) warranted! MY BAD!

Comment

I had an opportunity to discuss Herrera with a student at Hutch who is fairly well-connected to the basketball team.

Herrera thinks he's going BCS. WSU is not on his short list. Today.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X