No announcement yet.

Stephen Hurt '14 c 6-10 offered to KSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would have liked Hurt as well but there is a lot of recruiting time left. Remember we did not sign Darius Carter until April of this year saw him at the Juco tourmanemnt and he is going to be a good one, so there will be good prospect still and I am sure we will land a good one.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      I think you both can go suck one.
      Sounds more like YOUR initiative, considering you're already butthurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by black&yellow View Post
        I would have liked Hurt as well but there is a lot of recruiting time left. Remember we did not sign Darius Carter until April of this year saw him at the Juco tourmanemnt and he is going to be a good one, so there will be good prospect still and I am sure we will land a good one.
        BINGO. +1

Comment

I think you both can go suck one.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• I think you give him too much credit for Hurt. There are two things that they have over us. One is conference and the other is they apparently plan to play at an embarassingly slow pace so Hurt doesn't have to push himself. That's not going to lead to success in the XII.

It's no secret that I've never liked Weber. He did a great job at SIU. Then he got ran out of Illinois. Then he somehow got a job at KSU and even many of them aren't thrilled about him. At least the ones I know. Lets also not forget that some coaches are simply better at schools that have less expectations or politics or whatever. Weber may very well be one of those guys that is a good coach, but can't coach certain recruits at certain levels and can be more successful at smaller schools. There's no doubt in my mind that most of his SIU teams could have beaten his Illinois teams.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SirShoxAlot View Post
              Have you forgotten the heights he took SIU and the Valley to? You don't just forget how to coach. None of us were in his office at Illinois. None of us know what might have gone wrong outside of his power. Obviously, he just beat HCGM in a recruiting battle; he must be good for something.
              He took SIU to those heights with a certain type of player, playing a certain style, against a Valley schedule. Let's face it, going up against Big 10 or Big 12 competition for 2/3rds of the season is going to be more difficult than against Valley competition. And Weber wasn't able to make the necessary adjustments (better recruiting, playing style, etc) to succeed in the Big 10 once Self's players were gone. It's not unreasonable to expect a similar outcome in Manhattan.

Comment

• Originally posted by SirShoxAlot View Post
                Sounds more like YOUR initiative, considering you're already butthurt.
                This is where you guys fail. This has nothing, or little, to do with Hurt and more to do with the whole picture. But you small minds focus on the small things.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

This is where you guys fail. This has nothing, or little, to do with Hurt and more to do with the whole picture. But you small minds focus on the small things.
                  And telling someone to perform fellatio on another man does?
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                    I think Sub was suggesting they go to Sonic for a shake.

That said, can you guys back off the personal stuff? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      I think Sub was suggesting they go to Sonic for a shake.
                      See this is why you always win

Comment

• You filled in the blank. I never said what.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                          -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

How many national championships have been won by teams without a true center? Is the goal to win it all or just to win the Valley?
                            Well we did make it to a Final Four with a 6-7 center, although a special 6-7 center and a 7-0 backup who was a great defender but deficient in most other aspects of the game. If you find the right athletes, skill level and BBIQ you can go a long with 6-8 players.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Well we did make it to a Final Four with a 6-7 center, although a special 6-7 center and a 7-0 backup who was a great defender but deficient in most other aspects of the game. If you find the right athletes, skill level and BBIQ you can go a long with 6-8 players.
                              You can, but it's rare, and it's not anybody's first choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                You can, but it's rare, and it's not anybody's first choice.
                                No doubt, buy if my real world choices are an athletic, skilled 6-8 post vs a 7-0 project I think I would opt for the 6-8 player. Unfortunately, the pool of athletic, skilled 6-10+ players is not exactly a deep one. It was nice to be on Hurt and O'Mara's short lists. Unfortunately we fell just a little short. Probably, as a number of posters have pointed out, due as much to our League affiliation as anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X