Stephen Hurt '14 c 6-10 offered to KSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    I get what you're saying, but at the moment, there's reason for at least slight concern as we only have two post players slated to be on the roster in '14-'15 in Shaq and Carter. Neither provide the Center that we desire. A healthy Shaq could fill that role alright, but that's enough reason for concern. And if the staff is concerned about it, which I'm sure they are, there's reason enough for us to have some concern about it.
    I don't get the obsession with centers? WSU has been highly effective with smaller players and many other teams have been as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
      I don't get the obsession with centers? WSU has been highly effective with smaller players and many other teams have been as well.
      How many national championships have been won by teams without a true center? Is the goal to win it all or just to win the Valley?
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Sub, relax man. We have hardly ever had all of our commitments lined up by November under Marshall. Hell, a lot of our recruits have come from out of no where and we have been just fine. You are taking this to the extreme. We will be just fine without Hurt. He wasn't the end all be all recruit.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks771 View Post
          Sub, relax man. We have hardly ever had all of our commitments lined up by November under Marshall. Hell, a lot of our recruits have come from out of no where and we have been just fine. You are taking this to the extreme. We will be just fine without Hurt. He wasn't the end all be all recruit.
          Nobody expects us to have them all lined up by November. Few of our recruits come out of nowhere. On the current roster, I'll give you Cotton and maybe Baker. We got on him late but it wasn't exactly out of nowhere. Actually, I think Lufile probably fits here as well and I'm definitely not sold on him. Tyler Richardson was an out of nowhere recruit too.

I'm not taking anything to an extreme. We have a pretty good idea of who we're recruiting anymore and we've missed on our top big prospects. The evidence doesn't lie there. We're running out of our top center prospects. Perhaps they find one later, but if something isn't figured out, we're going to struggle next season. The only hope I currently have for a center is the JC kid from Logan. And I have no idea where we stand with him. Not every recruit is a HR, but it's a little concerning that we have so much available PT for a big and we still can't land one.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• If you want to avoid disappointment, then I'd recommend not following recruiting. If you don't miss on some high-end recruits, then you're not recruiting at a high enough level. One way to avoid failure is to never try anything difficult.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I can't believe you guys are behind the notion that a coach who dominated the MVC is an immediate failure in the BCS. Very small-time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                If you want to avoid disappointment, then I'd recommend not following recruiting. If you don't miss on some high-end recruits, then you're not recruiting at a high enough level. One way to avoid failure is to never try anything difficult.
                I am not concerned about missing on "high-end recruits" I am more concerned about missing on "mid-level" recruits who are right in our wheelhouse. As disapointed as I was to hear we didn't get Hurt, I am coming around to accept the fact that we didn't get hurt.
                “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  If you want to avoid disappointment, then I'd recommend not following recruiting. If you don't miss on some high-end recruits, then you're not recruiting at a high enough level. One way to avoid failure is to never try anything difficult.
                  Thank you captain obvious for contributing nothing to this thread or discussion.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SirShoxAlot View Post
                    I can't believe you guys are behind the notion that a coach who dominated the MVC is an immediate failure in the BCS. Very small-time.
                    Have you forgotten how horrid he did at his last stop in a talent rich area?
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Sub, you are on the brink of a break down. Why not take a break for a little bit and get a breath of fresh air? It's beautiful outside.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Thank you captain obvious for contributing nothing to this thread or discussion.
                        I think it might be a good idea to take about a week-long break from SN.

Comment

• I think you both can go suck one.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Just because there is talent doesn't mean it's a good fit, or that there aren't messes. The entire Chicago recruiting scene is just as sketch as the Chicago political scene. One of the primary issues Weber had was that he had to entertain most of these Chicago recruits in order to keep the fanbase happy, but wasn't slimy enough to land much of the talent.

I don't know what Weber will do at KState. And he certainly doesn't get a full pass for what happened at Illinois. But I think he is one of the better coaches in the Big12, and an improvement over what they had.

Comment

Have you forgotten the heights he took SIU and the Valley to? You don't just forget how to coach. None of us were in his office at Illinois. None of us know what might have gone wrong outside of his power. Obviously, he just beat HCGM in a recruiting battle; he must be good for something.

Comment

• I truly think this had less to do with Weber beating Marshall and more to do with the Big 12 beating out the MVC, and to a lesser extent, Forbes.

Comment

Working...
                                X