No announcement yet.

Stephen Hurt '14 c 6-10 offered to KSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't fault the kid for doing what he thinks is best but geez, we're coming off a final four. What's not to like. Really?

Comment

• My guess is that he left Lipscomb because he realized he could play in a power conference. We were probably only in his final list due to Forbes.

Comment

• I don't follow K St basketball that close, but don't they have Bolden coming in from Georgetown (will play 2014) and freshman Fincher a Top 150 C? I had a bad feeling when it wasn't between us and Miami. I couldn't figure out why he'd eliminate Miami for K St.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          My guess is that he left Lipscomb because he realized he could play in a power conference. We were probably only in his final list due to Forbes.
          We will probably hear about playing in the Big 12 juat as Sherman wanted to play in the ACC.
          In the fast lane

Comment

• Trust in Marshall, not like all of the guys on the team right now were "Plan A's"

Comment

• K freaking state?! He knows they suck right?
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by RHshoxfan View Post
                Trust in Marshall, not like all of the guys on the team right now were "Plan A's"
                Stephen himself might be a good example. It would seem he might not have been that high end of a recruit (a plan A for a major program) originally so he went to lipscomb. Then, come to find out he is awesome so he transfers to a major program as a high end guy.
                It's disappointing to see so many go other places, but its always possible... and likely...that the ones we land will turn out great no matter where they were on the list coming in.

Comment

• I didn't have any hope when I saw it was KSU/WSU. Simply because he had left a lower end league to move up, I'm sure that was the big push by KSU. It probably came down to B12 vs the Valley. That's too bad but don't want a guy here that doesn't want to be.

WSU really really really needs to find a new home. Not just because of this specific instance, although this is a perfect example. I know without football and location nothing fits but man they need to figure something out.

Comment

• Enjoy title town. I hear there is a pretty good baseball team there.
                    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
                      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• The only thing KSU offers over us in conference affiliation. That there tells you what's important to Hurt. It's more important than actually developing or winning for him. Sad to be sure, but we'll be just fine and KSU will continue to fall.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• No doubt it was the conference affiliation thing, in my opinion. It is a challenge we have faced for a long time and will continue to face. We will just have to continue to hit the trail hard and find the guys and sign them early, or find more guys like Carl, Kadeem and Malcolm who want/need a second chance AND want to win. You can get them all.

WSU will always be challenged by conference affiliation, geography, and lack of football. Steep hill to climb. Nothing we aren't used to already.

still sucks not to get him though..
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• This one sticks a little bit. I know I shouldn't but I kind of got my heart behind wanting this kid. I agree that it totally had to do with the conference. It's sad but hard to argue, and I understand that there is big time history affiliated with the Valley, but it is just that history. Plus I have always felt like we get the short end of the stick in the Valley as far as the refs are concerned. As stated previously having no football and not being in a conference with a better reputation really puts us in a tight spot. Now having said that, I don't want to look like I changed my mind on wanting Hurt or anything, but I will say it did raise red flags to me when he made it known that he didn't want to go to a running team. I'm sure we could have made it work with him and for him, but that would have been an ongoing concern.

Comment

• I am the only guy who does not know why he chose them over us.

Comment

• We will be fine, just relax folks. We still have a lot of intriguing prospects in the recruiting pipeline.

Comment

Working...
                                X