Stephen Hurt '14 c 6-10 offered to KSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    If you go back a page you'll see a post from trop four days ago that quotes a tweet saying Hurt would decide in the next week. I expect we'll hear his decision before this weekend.
    Totally missed that. Thanks!
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
      Totally missed that. Thanks!
      Yeah, we should now soon whether or not we're going to put a Hurt on the MVC next year!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        Why are people so impatient with recruits? It's always a big decision when it comes to choosing their destination and I have no problem giving them time to properly look at and analyze what's best for them.
        Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
        Strangely enough, recruits very seldom seem to concern themselves with the timetables of impatient message board posters coping with boredom until the season starts.
        I don't know that I'd call it impatience as that may imply a negative and lack of understanding. How about eagerness, enthusiasm, excitement, with a little anxiousness mixed in (in spite of reminding ourselves "I'm not worried"). As good as the last 10+ years have been, the 90's are still clear in many minds. We want to see our good fortune continue and want the F4 to pay dividends......now.

This board probably does not ease those feelings. All the talk of "offers" and high hopes. My own listing of 2014 offers and watching it grow from about 20 know offers in June with 1 of 4 WSU openings filled to 35 know offers, with still 1 of now 5 openings filled, and 1/3 of those offers now committed elsewhere to other schools.

We see how many of these offered players can be the key to more Valley Championships, (hopefully now) Valley Tournament championships, more NCAA bids, solid seeds, and more NCAA victories. We're all hoping the recruits can see this, too, along with WSU being a great place to play, get their education, and enjoy the fandom.

:wsu_posters::yahoo::wsu_posters:
        Last edited by ShockTalk; September 25, 2013, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
          Strangely enough, recruits very seldom seem to concern themselves with the timetables of impatient message board posters coping with boredom until the season starts.
          Whats up with that! I mean don't these youngsters realize that they are playing with literally thousands of peoples sense of well being and future happiness who have nothing else in their lives but to frequent message boards. Yeah and before anyone points a finger at me for frequenting this message board I'm doing this for reasons of research only. Also I am well adjusted and secure in my individuality.

Comment

• ........POGO

Comment

• At least it wasn't the finger I would have expected. Thanks for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                Whats up with that! I mean don't these youngsters realize that they are playing with literally thousands of peoples sense of well being and future happiness who have nothing else in their lives but to frequent message boards. Yeah and before anyone points a finger at me for frequenting this message board I'm doing this for reasons of research only. Also I am well adjusted and secure in my individuality.
                Keep up the research, pogo. Your work is an inspiration to us all.

I definitely hope the Shocks land Hurt, who seems like a perfect fit, and I'm confident they'll do fine overall when everything shakes out. Marshall and his staff are too good at recruiting, and they have too much to offer, for them to misfire on the class of 2014.

But I have to say that, with all the transfers out there these days, it wouldn't greatly bother me to see them finish the fall signing period with a spot, conceivably even two, still open. I remember a number of times this past spring as I was reading about players looking for a new home (some of them guys who will be eligible this year) thinking that it would be nice if WSU had an opening left. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing WSU have one open spot every year in case the right transfer came along.
                Last edited by WSUwatcher; September 25, 2013, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• I think Forbes, the available PT next year, the fact that BB is #1 at WSU (but not at KSU), Marshall's track record with JuCo's, and WSU's national recognition sends Hurt our way.

I know that if I never want to be disappointed, I should never visit the recruiting forum, but...

...I think we're in a good spot with Kelly. I'd love to see Lee commit, but if we get Hurt and Kelly, and already have Brown, it's going to be tough to sign another tall wing or small (6'7" - 6'8") post-type player.

I think we're in good shape with recruiting front court guys. The situation with Bowles leaves the recruiting exposed at PG. The Shox aren't really in early on any of the PG recruits. Didn't need any, so there was no urgency or priority. The Bowles situation my reqire Marshall to gto back to JuCo's for PG's.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• There are a handful of PGs we'd been in on before Bowles and a few have popped up since it all went down. A JC PG doesn't make a lot of sense to me with FVV running things.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• One more crystal ball prediction has been made. This one by a Miami blogger.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                        One more crystal ball prediction has been made. This one by a Miami blogger.
                        What by chance did he see in his ball?
                        β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                        -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                          What by chance did he see in his ball?
                          KSU

Odds now KSU 83% WSU 17%
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                            KSU

Odds now KSU 83% WSU 17%
                            Odds: 4.88:1

Probability: 17%

(Just messin' with you.)
                            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                              Odds: 4.88:1

Probability: 17%

(Just messin' with you.)
                              You, and my statistics professors at WSU!! :good::nevreness:
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Less than that if you add in the KSU prediction two other experts made on their own sites. This will make it more than double sweet when Hurt and Sherman announce within minutes of each other for WSU.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X