No announcement yet.

Stephen Hurt '14 c 6-10 offered to KSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the record, Mr. Hurt is #1 on my Shocker recruit wish list. I will cross my fingers and toes in hopes we sign him. Actually, I hope we have a great group of recruits incoming for next Season and I think we can be very selective. Our Coaches keep our team improving and winning more games and I am in awe as to how well they recruit. What happens at times like this and what did it result in? Final 4 baybay. Who would be the 3 or 4 recruits we are still on that you hope we sign?
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
      Who would be the 3 or 4 recruits we are still on that you hope we sign?
      1. Hurt
      2. Lee
      3. O'Mara
      4. Sherman / pg depending on Bowles' situation
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Can't argue with that.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          Can't argue with that.
          I can argue -- the first guy I hope WSU signs is Zach Brown, the committed but obviously yet unsigned 6-7 SF from South Kent Prep.

AFTER Brown signs, there are three more current openings for next year (four seniors in 2013-14), with a potential fourth if DJ can't continue. Personally, I'd like three bigs to fill the known spots, inasmuch as of the guys expected to finish up, the smallest is Nick Wiggins. Then, if DJ's spot needs to be filled, a quality high school PG. Baker can hold the fort -- and I have a hunch he'd do much more than just hold the fort -- as a backup to Fred VV for a year or maybe a season and a half until DJ recovers if he's able to, or until Holland his feet under him and is ready (I'd still like to see him redshirt this year unless the injury bug bites Baker again), or until the new kid on the block is ready to make a meaningful contribution.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
            I can argue -- the first guy I hope WSU signs is Zach Brown, the committed but obviously yet unsigned 6-7 SF from South Kent Prep.

AFTER Brown signs, there are three more current openings for next year (four seniors in 2013-14), with a potential fourth if DJ can't continue. Personally, I'd like three bigs to fill the known spots, inasmuch as of the guys expected to finish up, the smallest is Nick Wiggins. Then, if DJ's spot needs to be filled, a quality high school PG. Baker can hold the fort -- and I have a hunch he'd do much more than just hold the fort -- as a backup to Fred VV for a year or maybe a season and a half until DJ recovers if he's able to, or until Holland his feet under him and is ready (I'd still like to see him redshirt this year unless the injury bug bites Baker again), or until the new kid on the block is ready to make a meaningful contribution.
            You didn't really argue it. A techincallity in that Brown has yet to sign, but I believe this discussion starts with the understanding that he's already committed and we have three spots left. In which case, you pretty much agreed with the post. DJ is a wild card right now.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post

Touche. I was operating under the assumption Brown will sign, but I do see your point. Nothing is certain at this point.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                Touche. I was operating under the assumption Brown will sign, but I do see your point. Nothing is certain at this point.
                Until signing period begins, we are talking about 3-4 commitments that we are seeking

Comment

In nothing else all of the work put in by @tropicalshox: keeping us updated on recruiting wars shows you just how freakin' hard these colleges coaches have to work at the recruiting side of the business. Highly competitive and you just never know what 17 and 18 year old kids are thinking.

Comment

I wasn't being cute or technical, Sub -- just responding to RM's list of FOUR names that included either Sherman as a fourth big or someone as a substitute for DJ if necessary, at a point when (assuming Brown follows through on his commitment, as we have no reason to doubt he will) there are only THREE openings. RM recognized correctly what I meant.

Comment

• 1.Brown--a verbal top 100--seen him play and he has game and is indeed a playa

2.Hurt--Signing him would feel really good for us. How would it feel to our foes? "PAIN"

3. Lee--has me at hello

4. Henry Uwadiae--the verdict is not out but having him for 3 Seasons might be groovy. Stay tuned.

5. 3G really and truly likes guards and I can't fathom that we won't sign a solid guard.

What a prime-time-cast of Coaches we have that can really recruit! How about our Big 3 players last Season--Armstud, Early--who is never late-- and Hall? This Season, I predict Early, Baker, and FVV. U like? Some of these players were under the recruiting list radar for the big Boys, but yet led us to a Final 4. However, it gets even better. It is amazing the players we have from top to bottom on our roster. Look at the unfortunate amount of injuries we had last Season but yet we were resilient through it all. Actually, in terms of recruiting, which is of essence, this is our best group of Coaches in Shocker History IMO. I also believe we can be very, very selective now as we sign players.

Trop, please give us your thoughts on your wish list.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• He's on campus today. FYI.
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Just saw he and Sherman on a tour.

Comment

• Hurt now touring the Heskett Center with his family. Dude is enormous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
                              Hurt now touring the Heskett Center with his family. Dude is enormous.
                              Thanks @Mr. Pickle:!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Who were they with @Mr. Pickle:?
                                Last edited by tropicalshox; September 13, 2013, 05:18 PM.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X