No announcement yet.

Satchel Pierce '14 c 7-0 to Marquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://triblive.com/sports/hssports/...#axzz2hlJs1tTP No mention of Wichita State but he does say that he does not want to pick a school just based on geography. Hopefully with how late Pitt is to the party will hurt their chances.

Comment

http://phenomhoopreport.com/satchel-pierce-end-site/ Again no mention of the Shocks as one of his 5 visits. I thought 3G was doing an in home with the kid but with how long this had been dragging I forgot when that was.

Comment

If WSU did a home visit it was suppose to be in mid September. There was never confirmation of it happening. We are not in his five offical visits and there was never a report of Shocker offer. Past time to move on.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Good enough for me.

Comment

Pierce to Marquette
            In the fast lane

Comment

Mentions Pierce, but not as one that has asked for release...yet??

Comment

What would be the reason to deny a player's request for release?

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                  Perceived tampering. Direct competition (i.e. transfer within conference or within state).
                  Livin the dream

Comment

So if the kid was wanting to leave but didn't have a destination picked yet, would they deny the release? I suppose they could put some limited restrictions on the release?

Comment

I think sometimes they delay the approval until a new coach is on board so he can at least have shot at selling himself to the recruits. At that point, if the youngster still wants a release he usually will get it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        I think sometimes they delay the approval until a new coach is on board so he can at least have shot at selling himself to the recruits. At that point, if the youngster still wants a release he usually will get it.
                        This.

Comment

Verbal Commits
                          ‏@VerbalCommits
                          Virginia Tech C Satchel Pierce (SO) is leaving the program.

Comment

Pass

Comment

An interesting journey already: all the expectations were for Pitt; he committed to marquette, and now is transferring from VaTech. Just one more indication of the very loose connection between recruiting expectations, players' "lists" and top choices, their commitments, and their actual signing destinations.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                                An interesting journey already: all the expectations were for Pitt; he committed to marquette, and now is transferring from VaTech. Just one more indication of the very loose connection between recruiting expectations, players' "lists" and top choices, their commitments, and their actual signing destinations.
                                Looks like he committed to Buzz Williams and followed him to VaTech.
                                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                                -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                                X