Satchel Pierce '14 c 7-0 to Marquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lostshocker View Post
    they may suck now but they have made vast improvements.
    What are the vast improvements? Showers in the locker room?
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Unfortunately for the dozens of Husker men's basketball fans, Ricky, I think it will take far more than improved plumbing and fixtures to remedy the second-class status of their program. Being in the Big Ten+some number doesn't make it any easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
        What are the vast improvements? Showers in the locker room?
        hired tim miles who in turn managed to hire an assistant away from georgetown (who happened to be the coach that coaches the big men), new practice facilities, and a new arena that will be opening this year. so yeah, they put new showers in the locker room.

and by no means am i saying it will make them better but they are putting forth more of an effort. oddly they seem to share a lot of similarities to a team that is near and dear to everyone's heart here.

Comment

Originally posted by lostshocker View Post
          oddly they seem to share a lot of similarities to a team that is near and dear to everyone's heart here.
          Is this one of the similarities?

scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=310752724

:)
          "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
            Is this one of the similarities?

scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=310752724

:)
            I remember walking up toCKA and the husker faithful had a tent set up playing the fight song and talking about spring football.

Comment

Visits to K-State, James Madison and Texas Tech are planned. However don't expect a quick decision. He says, "I am going to take all five visits. I want to see who gets involved my senior year."

Last edited by tropicalshox; August 22, 2013, 06:22 PM.
              In the fast lane

Comment

Well that doesn't sound too promising

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                  Well that doesn't sound too promising
                  Why? He sounds wide open. If we come in a September home visit we may squeeze in. By then we may know more about O'mara and Hurt. We should know by then whether a full court press is what we need to do.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                    @coreyevans_10: Wichita State is planning an in-home visit with 2014 center Satchel Pierce in mid-September, he tells me
                    Has the home visit taken place?

Comment

@coreyevans_10: 2014 center Satchel Pierce tells me he is planning on visiting Texas Tech and JMU and would like to take all 5 officials before committing
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Tweet of September 26:

@coreyevans_10: Marquette and Kent State here for 2014 center Satchel Pierce
                        In the fast lane

Comment

Oct. 3 tweet:

@TheRecruitScoop: Marquette had an in-home visit with 2014 Kiski Prep (PA) center Satchel Pierce tonight, per @coreyevans_10.
                          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

@PGHbballReport: @satch1032 #Marquette, #Miami, #JMU #TexasTech, #WichitaState, & #NewMexico all recently visited 2014 7'0 Satchel Pierce at Kiski School, PA
                            In the fast lane

Comment

I wonder what it is that has kept the staff from offering this kid. I like the size and the videos I've seen of him. He appears to move pretty well and have a soft touch, but no offer has been given and we desperately need a big. They're obviously intrigued but something has held them back.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Possible --or maybe they've offered and the recruiting services just don't know it yet. That's certainly not unheard of.

Comment

Working...
                                X