No announcement yet.

Satchel Pierce '14 c 7-0 to Marquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lack of eastern star power schools on the list of suiters may be telling. As an example, schools ranging in reputation from Duke to Temple or St. Joe or La Salle or Villanova or Penn.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
      Possible --or maybe they've offered and the recruiting services just don't know it yet. That's certainly not unheard of.
      I doubt it. Kids talk and these things get out there. But I understand you have a disdain for all things related to recruiting services.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Not a disdain, really -- I even read the Rivals site for Alabama football recruiting on a regular basis.

But I don't take it as gospel, either, and I certainly admit to skepticism. There are too many cases in this board's Recruiting forum where guys end up signing with a school that supposedly wasn't one of their finalists or even on their "list," and it seems unlikely that the kids in those cases just picked someone completely out of the blue. Far more probable that the trackers didn't really know what was happening. No surprise there, and I'm not really blaming or "disdaining" them -- with so many players interested in so many schools it's hard even to imagine successfully keeping track of everyone. So I don't assume they do, especially with the players WSU typically recruits, who aren't in the national spotlight the way Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker, et al., would be.

Comment

And most of those cases are guys of lesser talent. That's why they're not updated as much. There are a number of guys on this board that we get in on hoping they mature and develop and they don't. Those are the guys that you see commit to someone not on the initial list because the recruiting sites don't pay as close attention to those who commit to the Alcorn States of the world. We've seen a lot less of those things happeing the past few years as our talent level and recruiting level have increased. You just act like it's a common thing that happens the majority of the time. It happened a lot more with the last staff and early in the 3G tenure, but we see a hell of a lot less of it now.

And if this guy is viewed as a weak talent, than that explains why there's no offer out to him.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

PItt's Jamie Dixon also in to see him today.

@coreyevans_10: Marquette and head coach Buzz Williams saw 2014 Kiski center Satchel Pierce today and was offered by the Golden Eagles, he tells me
            In the fast lane

Comment

@Corey_Rivals513: Marquette, Pittsburgh & Miami have all offered Akron native Satchel Pierce, a '14 center prepping at Kiski School (PA).
              In the fast lane

Comment

Oh dear.
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

He has an offical scheduled for Pitt this weekend.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                    He has an offical scheduled for Pitt this weekend.
                    That is the same Pitt that we torched by 18 in last year's NCAA Tournament? Which if IIRC was a game where we shot the ball pretty poorly, at least from the perimeter.

Comment

Guessing same one.

Comment

Well, he knows Pitt could use some help if they meet the Shocks again...

Comment

Doubt if those two rosters ever meet again, but hey......

Comment

Crystal Ball

http://247sports.com/Player/Satchel-Pierce-31850 Crystal Ball predictions all go the way of Pitt. We need a big but if we miss on Pierce, Lee, and White I have to think we will go for a Juco kid in the spring.

Comment

Unfortunately, all that matters is Jamie pointing to Steven Adams going 12th in the draft last summer. No matter they got their asses handed to them by a scrappy bunch of Shockers.

Comment

Yes, Doc -- having a young 7-footer become an unexpected lottery pick the year before, arguably because of his development under your staff (which is no doubt how Dixon and Co. are selling it) is pretty good marketing material to offer his potential successor, especially when that guy is already in essentially your part of the country.

Comment

Working...
                                X