Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kansans to keep an eye on (including KC, MO area)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topeka Highland's Rico Richardson (2010) was mentioned in this thread. Topping his list is Missouri, Arizona, Providence, Cal and Wake Forrest.
    In the fast lane

Comment

Making Hoopscoops' listing of top players in the recently completed 14U AAU Nationals were 3 young men that will be freshmen at Wichita Heights. Of course one is Perry Ellis. He was ranked as the tournaments' top performer. #131 was Gavin Thurman. The Eagle has mentioned him along with Ellis as being a force for Heights next year. #121 was 6-1 Wesley Staten. Two potentially good D-1 players and the potential top ranked player all on the same Wichita team. Many eyes will be on Wichita's 2012 class.
      In the fast lane

Comment

That Heights to WSU pipeline worked in the past. Hopefully it will again in about 4 years.

Comment

I knew there were going to be a few FR at Heigts this year. If I have an off night I may have to try and catch a game or seven over there. We may have to find and post the season schedule
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Interesting discussion on the young ens:

Note Staten is shown to be from Des Moines.
            Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
              If I have an off night I may have to try and catch a game or seven over there.
              So, are you saying that you may nights where you'll officialte so poorly they kick you out of the gym?

:D

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                So, are you saying that you may nights where you'll officialte so poorly they kick you out of the gym?

I've had nights where fans thought so and I've been escoted out. But that was after I finished the game. :D
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock

I've had nights where fans thought so and I've been escoted out. But that was after I finished the game. :D
                  Maybe it was "finished" the moment you first blew your whistle. ;-) :lol:
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Sub---How did your softball turn out this summer? Did your team win the gold?
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Sadly, we played our worst game of the year in the next to last game and that hurt us. Had we won out we were 1st. Having lost that game and winning the last, we slid into a tie for 2nd and I didn't check the tie breakers to see where we finished. I think 3rd but it could have been 4th.

But I guess considering we usually finish as one of the bottom 3 we can be ok with how it ended up.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I don't have a description of his play but I keep seeing Clint McCullough getting noticed at camps this summer. He is a 6-5 PF/C at St. James Academy in Lenexa. I think he is a freshman but have also seen him listed in the class of 2011.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Somebody to watch the next three years in the City League is East's Ja'In Williams. He is already getting attention from Baylor, San Diego State, Missouri State and UMKC.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

There are a handful of kids in the City to keep eyes on. I don't recall names at the moment and don't remember if we ever discussed it, but a young AAU team from Wichita made up of a number of FR (this year) did quite well this summer and I believe actually played up a level. A couple will be at Heights if I recall correctly.

I'll try and pay more attention to things but don't do any varsity City League stuff and only have a couple sub-varsity. Hopefully those involved in HS sports will have more info this winter.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                                Back to the actual topic of this thread, here is another Kansan to keep an eye on:

Rico Richardson, a 5-10 freshman starter on the undefeated Topeka Highland Park team. Played the shoting guard this year since Austin was the point. Over 10 ppg. Might be a more sought after recruit than Weems and Austin before his senior year. Could still grow a few inches, but I hope he goes to point next year.
                                Rico had some difficulties off court and ended up at Bogan Hi in Chicago. He didn't grow any but is a basketball talent. He just drew the looks of an Illinois assistant.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X