Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kansans to keep an eye on (including KC, MO area)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he's just a freshman you can reasonably bet he'll grow at least another 2-3 inches, which would be pretty good for a PG.

Starting as a FR for that team is impressive. And the recruiting "rotation" appears to be such that we'll be needing to bring in a PG around that time. But in the recruiting game that's a long time away.

Comment

Royal,

Is there anyone else we should keep our eye on? Anyone you have heard about?

Comment

Darian Kelly from Girard :D He impressed some people at one of the national camps last summer. Pretty sure I started a thread on him a while back, but there's not much info as I believe he is class of '09

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Now that you mention it, there is one guy whose name has crossed my desktop, but I could not find him on Scout or Rivals. So I have questioned his existence. And wushock would not be impressed. ;)

I'll see if I can't at least put a few links together and start a new topic.

Comment

You dont know if I would or not. As you know some of those I have not been impressed in basketball as signing have not be impressive so I am not always wrong

Comment

If they haven't already the Shocks will want to look at the Girard (KS) team. Had a very good team this year and were led by sophmore Darian Kelly, a 6-2 point guard. Darian made Hovpensports' all-Kansas 2nd team. Also on the team is 6-6 Tanner Pope. Hoopscoop has them nationally ranked #109 and #254 respectively for the class of 2009. They both played as freshmen and I see people had a hard time believing they were so young.

edit- Sorry Sub- didn't notice your post above. Well anyway, a little more info on Kelly.
              In the fast lane

Comment

I heard we were recruiting some kid named Sampay pretty hard?

Comment

Kelly gets noticed a bit.

Real Deal Saturday
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by luwksu
                    Originally posted by rjl
                    So, rape and robbery = getting busted with marijuana?

Guess that's the type of math you've got to do to be a KSU fan.
                    Actually, Biblically no one sin is any greater than another. Humans say that one wrong is worse than another, however as far as God is concerned, both are equally condemnable
                    That's what it says, but I have a hard time reconciling that cold blooded murder is no worse than taking somone's pencil at work.

It also says that 'Gossiping' is a sin, what does that say for the Internet then??? .... LOL

Comment

Kelly moved?
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Good question. It's possible he just plays on a TX AAU team. But I believe his first name is spelled differently in this article than his profile. Also noticed they didn't have this article linked to his profile and his name wasn't a link as the others are. Not sure if that's just over looked or what. There certainly aren't two with this name are there?

Where's Hovpen at? Can he confirm Kelly is still in Girard?
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Or perhaps the goblins that created the whole Ben-Eze thing are up to their old tricks with the Shocker faithful.

Comment

I edited the title to this thread to encourage keeping a look out on all KC area players. We were productive there this year and Marshall will probably continue to scour that close by area. But first of all a young man from Kansas:

Nino Williams 6-5 SF at Leavenworth High School. Scout saw him at the Next Level last week and says, "he has the look of an eventual high major prospect. Class of 2011.

And now for some 2009 prospects from the KC area:

Ivo Baltic 6-6 PG with Park Hill South in Riverside, MO. A current Scout 2 star playing this Spring with Spiece MO-KAN Elite.

Alec Burks is also with Spiece MO-KAN Elite and is a solid mid-major according to Scout. The SG already has offers with Missouri State (I'm unsure of which coaching staff) and UMKC. He plays HS ball at Grandview.

Justin Clark from Independence, Mo. is playing with KC Pump & Run. The 6-4 SG/SF can hit the deep 3.

All of these guys caught the attention of Scouts' Evan Daniels at the Next Level last week in Duncanville, Texas.

Stay up to date with all the Wichita State Shockers sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Let's add one more from KC Pump & Run. Although he came in off the bench at Next Level, Dorian Green is getting some Division 1 looks. He will be a Senior at Lawrence Hi. The 6-2 pg was a second team member along with Garrett Stutz on the KC Star's All-Metro team. He is also throws the baseball very well.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

I'll throw another name on this thread as we sit and wait to hear what happened today with EO. A Kansas by transplant by way of a Florida prep and Canada before that and I believe Jamaica before that:

Javari Williams, a 6-5 high flying wing who red shirted at Hutchinson CC last year and dominated some of their practices. He was aggressively recruited by St. John's last year. He will definitely be one of the top Juco players in Kansas next year.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X