No announcement yet.

Matej Bosnjak 6'9 C Croatia a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To my eyes, I see a second Sasha R from the AC days. A lot to like if he can match Sasha’s effectiveness

Comment

I know it's out of context, but since the roster for the MBB is completed. Do we know the roster for the Aftershocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

Jacob Germany wouldn’t sniff the court in the league MB played in, and that’s no knock on Germany.
        Sorry I forgot to use the sarcasm font. The talent upgrade is substantial.

Comment

QB is going to make one heck of a backup

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
            QB is going to make one heck of a backup
            It would not surprise me if QB is the second best post player on this roster. And he's a DAMN good post player. This is the future of winning college basketball if you're not a Power 5 school IMO, and it's good to see Mills on top of it.

IMO this league is a higher level than what a lot of our past greats have played in after being here. At worst it's 7th best in the world and from what I've seen in the last 2 years of Euro ball I think it's closer to 5th.
            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Speaking of speaking. Is Stranjina allowed to be on the bench? A translator might be key.
              Most European kids speak multiple languages and English is almost always among those they speak. I've hosted foreign exchange students and they always spoke English very well.
              I'll never forget one who ate so much watermelon that he got a stomach ache. He thought it was cancer because he was preached to about watching out what he ate in America. So he would only eat natural foods, like peanut butter, fruits, veggies and meat. But he would occasionally stray and eat frozen burritos or pizzas. Anyway he asked that I take him to the hospital because he thought he had cancer. When the doctor asked when he last had a bowel movement, he was dumbfounded by the word. I had to translate, " when's the last time you took a $hit?. That and every other 4 letter word he knew very well.

Comment

^^^Lol^^^
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Where are you guys getting the idea he doesn’t speak English? Most Croatians under the age of 40 speak it well, probably better than most on this forum.
                  I resemble that comment.

Comment

I will wait to jump on the Love Boat until we get a formal analysis from Joerg. That will be all.

Comment

Originally posted by shox7 View Post
                      To my eyes, I see a second Sasha R from the AC days. A lot to like if he can match Sasha’s effectiveness
                      As I remember it, twice SR did that snazzy hide the ball between his knees fake that really confused the player guarding him, and twice he was rewarded by E. Fogler with pine time?
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                        Had to mute the audio. Thanks for posting. Looks like he has good footwork. Squares up nicely to the basket like a lot of euro players. Knows what the backboard is when he's shooting (not one of those where the ball goes in off the glass and the commentators are trying to decide if it was attempted as such. Looks like he can turn and shoot left and right from the post. Hopefully he doesn't get stripped a lot putting the ball on the floor in the US. Euro players like Zarko D. and Sasha R. were always among my favorite players to watch. It could certainly be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

As I remember it, twice SR did that snazzy hide the ball between his knees fake that really confused the player guarding him, and twice he was rewarded by E. Fogler with pine time?
                          If you knew EF he was a "my way or the highway" guy. SR was a "headsy" player and would probably make ESPN's top 10 things I saw last night at least once, maybe twice a season. He was fun to watch. Good memories there.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

If for no other reasons, which there are, I really didn't like Fogler for that and thought he was totally wrong for benching SR. Yeah, yeah, he was the coach (unfortunately). What the h*ll is a set play but designed to "fool" the defense so one could get a clear shot at a basket. It was nothing more than a spin on a "head fake".

Comment

Comment

WSU announced his signing.

Comment

Working...
                                X