Matej Bosnjak 6'9 C Croatia a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
    For those saying he doesn’t shoot. He shot 1.5 a game at the lower level at a solid 38% clip and took a couple this year at a 50% clip. But that’s the FIBA line, which is longer than the NCAA one. He’ll be comfortable shooting 3s if he’s left open here
    Good player. Decent shooter, played against good players.

But his free throw shooting statistics were 67%, and the FIBA free throw line is the same as in America. Maybe he will improve his shooting percentage, but 67% at free throws isn’t the percentage of a great shooter yet.

But 67% is quite good when compared to most of our shooters this year.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

As I remember it, twice SR did that snazzy hide the ball between his knees fake that really confused the player guarding him, and twice he was rewarded by E. Fogler with pine time?
      Yep you remember right.

Comment

In my extended search I did run across this highlight from Indiana State WSU from many years ago. I vaguely recall a fight in a game where players were ejected and one team played shorthanded, but I thought it was a home game. Must be the old memory....

After investigating a brawl that broke out during a basketball game last week between Indiana State and Wichita State, the Missouri Valley Conference decided...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
            In my extended search I did run across this highlight from Indiana State WSU from many years ago. I vaguely recall a fight in a game where players were ejected and one team played shorthanded, but I thought it was a home game. Must be the old memory....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AE9hPSWi2uc
            At around the 1 minute mark they briefly show the announcers. Isn't that Mike Kennedy on the right?
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I hate that we’ve fallen so far down that we obviously view ourselves as lesser than a “good high major”.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

But his free throw shooting statistics were 67%, and the FIBA free throw line is the same as in America. Maybe he will improve his shooting percentage, but 67% at free throws isn’t the percentage of a great shooter yet.

Hitting 2 out of every 3 FTs is generally pretty good for a big man.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

We only had 3 guys shoot better than 67% from FT last year: Rogers, Bell aand Rignal and I wouldn’t consider Bell and good shooter.

Comment

We need to establish a pipeline to Croatia.

Comment

Killer B’s: Ballard, Bell, Beverly, Bijan and Bosnjak

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AE9hPSWi2uc
                        Great find and I remember it well. Gave Coop a hard time when he returned as a coach later in his career for that half hearted cheap shot he tried to land lol. Probably been 35+ years since we've seen an outlet pass like Sasha fired at the end of that clip. That was spectacular.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          We certainly could see that lineup on occasion. Gotta be an NIL opportunity in there somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Have you by chance called into the pre / post game shows a few times in the past?

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Hitting 2 out of every 3 FTs is generally pretty good for a big man.
                                Agreed. He will be a 17-23 minute player (give or take), sharing time with Quincy, imo. QB being a shot blocker puts him in the mix, and MB being a seasoned Jr. and playing against professionals in Europe, also contributes to his sharing time. We have very competitive, solid 5's, and 10 fouls to boot.

A 70% free throw shooter at the 5 also gives us a nice option to play the 5 at the end of games.

Comment

Working...
                                X